State Course 2019
09/13/2018 2:35:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Has anyone heard whether or not there will be a State Preview Meet in 2019 in Columbia?
Has anyone heard whether or not there will be a State Preview Meet in 2019 in Columbia?
09/13/2018 4:59:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@chester1976 There will be a a Pre-State race sometime in September more than likely. We are waiting on the continued progression of the course construction, but will attempt to nail down a date, possibly even by MTCCCA this year to make that announcement. The goal will be to NOT compete with Forest Park or Rim Rock which means potentially this weekend in 2019, or the last weekend in September 2019. Again this is conjecture, but with some hopeful substance.
@chester1976
There will be a a Pre-State race sometime in September more than likely. We are waiting on the continued progression of the course construction, but will attempt to nail down a date, possibly even by MTCCCA this year to make that announcement. The goal will be to NOT compete with Forest Park or Rim Rock which means potentially this weekend in 2019, or the last weekend in September 2019. Again this is conjecture, but with some hopeful substance.
09/13/2018 6:00:07 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@cccoach1 You may know as well as anybody, but what kind of parking situation are we looking at? How many on site and at Fr. Tolton? I assume Rock Bridge would be used for bus shuttle? What else if a MU FB weekend?
@cccoach1
You may know as well as anybody, but what kind of parking situation are we looking at? How many on site and at Fr. Tolton? I assume Rock Bridge would be used for bus shuttle? What else if a MU FB weekend?
09/13/2018 6:08:36 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@cccoach1 I vote last weekend in September. :)
@cccoach1
I vote last weekend in September. :)
09/13/2018 9:08:32 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The KC Classic used to be the KC Metro meet is the last week end in Sept.
The KC Classic used to be the KC Metro meet is the last week end in Sept.
09/14/2018 9:15:46 AM
Coach
A while back I heard something about an artifact found in the park during construction that could potentially slow the development of the area. Did that end up not being a big deal?
A while back I heard something about an artifact found in the park during construction that could potentially slow the development of the area. Did that end up not being a big deal?
09/14/2018 10:26:25 AM
User
jstone, The concern over the new Columbia x-country site being an Indian area is no big deal and the project is moving forward. An archaeology group in Columbia wanted a survey done. Project is fully under way.
jstone,
The concern over the new Columbia x-country site being an Indian area is no big deal and the project is moving forward. An archaeology group in Columbia wanted a survey done. Project is fully under way.
09/14/2018 10:31:31 AM
Coach
@Appraiser25Y I hope it doesn't happen, but what if the course isn't ready by state? Anyone who knows anything about construction knows that projects often don't get done by the date promised. I wonder if the state has a back-up plan? Sean Nunn Raytown South
@Appraiser25Y

I hope it doesn't happen, but what if the course isn't ready by state? Anyone who knows anything about construction knows that projects often don't get done by the date promised. I wonder if the state has a back-up plan?

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
09/14/2018 2:22:07 PM
User
[quote=cccoach1]@chester1976 There will be a a Pre-State race sometime in September more than likely. We are waiting on the continued progression of the course construction, but will attempt to nail down a date, possibly even by MTCCCA this year to make that announcement. The goal will be to NOT compete with Forest Park or Rim Rock which means potentially this weekend in 2019, or the last weekend in September 2019. Again this is conjecture, but with some hopeful substance. [/quote] The last weekend in September means you hit the Hancock Invitational.
cccoach1 wrote:
@chester1976
There will be a a Pre-State race sometime in September more than likely. We are waiting on the continued progression of the course construction, but will attempt to nail down a date, possibly even by MTCCCA this year to make that announcement. The goal will be to NOT compete with Forest Park or Rim Rock which means potentially this weekend in 2019, or the last weekend in September 2019. Again this is conjecture, but with some hopeful substance.

The last weekend in September means you hit the Hancock Invitational.
09/14/2018 2:43:56 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoghlansLaw There are meets every weekend in September; so, someone's meet will be stepped on. Not sure what the answer is. The current State Preview meet is the final weekend in September.
@CoghlansLaw
There are meets every weekend in September; so, someone's meet will be stepped on. Not sure what the answer is. The current State Preview meet is the final weekend in September.
09/14/2018 3:00:04 PM
User
[quote=chester1976]@CoghlansLaw There are meets every weekend in September; so, someone's meet will be stepped on. Not sure what the answer is. The current State Preview meet is the final weekend in September. [/quote] Just pointing out that another big meet will get stepped on.
chester1976 wrote:
@CoghlansLaw
There are meets every weekend in September; so, someone's meet will be stepped on. Not sure what the answer is. The current State Preview meet is the final weekend in September.

Just pointing out that another big meet will get stepped on.
09/14/2018 3:02:22 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Next year is roll-back year. That may move State INVITE date back a week off of Hancock to first weekend in October. We moved our back this year to accommodate next year already and take our "week" breaks at the regular time. Will trxctiming run it like in the past at the State INVITE? They've always done a great job dealing with various issues and prepping for possible issues at the State Meet.
Next year is roll-back year. That may move State INVITE date back a week off of Hancock to first weekend in October. We moved our back this year to accommodate next year already and take our "week" breaks at the regular time. Will trxctiming run it like in the past at the State INVITE? They've always done a great job dealing with various issues and prepping for possible issues at the State Meet.
09/21/2018 10:41:27 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I will throw my 2 cents in to this. I do not believe there should be a State Course preview event. This does give some teams an advantage. You can make the argument that the meet is open to everyone but fact is that many schools can not make it for a variety of reasons. Hosting meets, finance, travel distance, possible conference championship meets..etc. This meet should be shut down...
I will throw my 2 cents in to this. I do not believe there should be a State Course preview event. This does give some teams an advantage. You can make the argument that the meet is open to everyone but fact is that many schools can not make it for a variety of reasons. Hosting meets, finance, travel distance, possible conference championship meets..etc. This meet should be shut down...
09/21/2018 10:49:29 AM
Coach
@MJO21 I actually think that they should run meets on the new course all the time. If they are going to take the time to make this course as nice as they say, then it should be used multiple times per year.
@MJO21

I actually think that they should run meets on the new course all the time. If they are going to take the time to make this course as nice as they say, then it should be used multiple times per year.
09/21/2018 11:49:51 AM
Coach
[quote=MJO21]I will throw my 2 cents in to this. I do not believe there should be a State Course preview event. This does give some teams an advantage. You can make the argument that the meet is open to everyone but fact is that many schools can not make it for a variety of reasons. Hosting meets, finance, travel distance, possible conference championship meets..etc. This meet should be shut down... [/quote] I am going to agree with MJO21. Why not make the state meet the only high school meet on the course all year? Of course if it is as much of a cupcake course as it sounds like it is going to be, it won't matter very much. After all, it won't take much time to figure out the nuances of a grass track. Sean Nunn Raytown South
MJO21 wrote:

I am going to agree with MJO21. Why not make the state meet the only high school meet on the course all year? Of course if it is as much of a cupcake course as it sounds like it is going to be, it won't matter very much. After all, it won't take much time to figure out the nuances of a grass track.

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
10/12/2018 11:44:37 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Ahhh yes, let's take a nice course and only run one high school meet a year on it. That may be the most idiotic thing I've heard lately...
Ahhh yes, let's take a nice course and only run one high school meet a year on it.

That may be the most idiotic thing I've heard lately...
10/15/2018 1:19:29 PM
Coach
Cody Branch, The logic is to give everyone the same opportunity at state. We did it for a long time at the current state course. Also, we haven't seen the course yet. It may not be a very good course. If Mizzou's new cross-country course is anything like their football team, it will be very average. By the way, it is possible to disagree with someone without being disagreeable. Sean Nunn Raytown South
Cody Branch,

The logic is to give everyone the same opportunity at state. We did it for a long time at the current state course.

Also, we haven't seen the course yet. It may not be a very good course.
If Mizzou's new cross-country course is anything like their football team, it will be very average.

By the way, it is possible to disagree with someone without being disagreeable.

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
10/17/2018 3:17:08 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=MJO21]I will throw my 2 cents in to this. I do not believe there should be a State Course preview event. This does give some teams an advantage. You can make the argument that the meet is open to everyone but fact is that many schools can not make it for a variety of reasons. Hosting meets, finance, travel distance, possible conference championship meets..etc. This meet should be shut down... [/quote] I agree......unless they run races on multiple weekends so that more teams can have an opportunity to get there. Have at least two or three meets. If that can't happen then State Meet only! Also, agree with Sean we should all play nice in the sand box. Being respectful to each other should not be that hard!
MJO21 wrote:

I agree......unless they run races on multiple weekends so that more teams can have an opportunity to get there. Have at least two or three meets. If that can't happen then State Meet only!
Also, agree with Sean we should all play nice in the sand box. Being respectful to each other should not be that hard!
10/17/2018 3:51:11 PM
Coach
I don't believe that there is much of an advantage to teams that run the course during the season. That should not be a factor for any decisions. I believe that a nice course should be used as often as possible. It should also host meets for athletes from all over the country, not just athletes from MO. Make the course a destination for people. If a school can only race the course at state, they can make it a special thing that they get to do once per year. If another school wants to race the course every week of the season, then I think they should be able to do it. It won't give them any kind of an advantage. But if they think it does, then good for them.
I don't believe that there is much of an advantage to teams that run the course during the season. That should not be a factor for any decisions.

I believe that a nice course should be used as often as possible. It should also host meets for athletes from all over the country, not just athletes from MO. Make the course a destination for people.

If a school can only race the course at state, they can make it a special thing that they get to do once per year. If another school wants to race the course every week of the season, then I think they should be able to do it. It won't give them any kind of an advantage. But if they think it does, then good for them.
10/18/2018 9:48:32 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@seannunn not on something like that. They should have as many meets there as they can. It's a cross country course!! If you can't make it to the course, tough luck. There's always one if not more meets a year on the NCAA Championship course, this is no different. You can't expect someone to build a nice course and then not use it. Or maybe everyone should stick to little makeshift courses around their city parks or school grounds instead of running on a made for cross country course...
@seannunn not on something like that. They should have as many meets there as they can. It's a cross country course!!

If you can't make it to the course, tough luck. There's always one if not more meets a year on the NCAA Championship course, this is no different. You can't expect someone to build a nice course and then not use it.

Or maybe everyone should stick to little makeshift courses around their city parks or school grounds instead of running on a made for cross country course...

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.