Ladue Brusca/Strohbach Invitational 2014
04/28/2014 1:55:42 AM
User
Milesplit shouldn't even come to meets if they aren't going to be there for the entire thing. I'm sick of being the butt end of coverage when I run for a decent team and put down good times but I have to look at the same picture of CJ Jones winning the 800 by 30 meters every week. It's ridiculous.
Milesplit shouldn't even come to meets if they aren't going to be there for the entire thing. I'm sick of being the butt end of coverage when I run for a decent team and put down good times but I have to look at the same picture of CJ Jones winning the 800 by 30 meters every week. It's ridiculous.
04/28/2014 9:29:05 AM
User
You should probably focus more on track and running and less on what is put on the internet. Just a thought.
You should probably focus more on track and running and less on what is put on the internet. Just a thought.
04/28/2014 11:07:19 AM
User
@bshemonia I'm plenty focused on what is happening on the track, that's why I run the way that I do. I, like every other athlete or person, likes to be recognized or feel recognized for the work that they put in and if this is the only site that provides meet coverage then I don't see why total coverage can't be provided.
@bshemonia I'm plenty focused on what is happening on the track, that's why I run the way that I do. I, like every other athlete or person, likes to be recognized or feel recognized for the work that they put in and if this is the only site that provides meet coverage then I don't see why total coverage can't be provided.
04/28/2014 1:37:19 PM
Coach
First off, I would like to thank Paul and his staff for the coverage of our sport. I frequent momilesplit daily, using many features of the site. I will put a plug in for them and say that if you would like to see an increase in coverage, perhaps you should sign up for a subscription and help give them the resources to provide the coverage. It can be expensive traveling to meets, buyubg the equipment necessary to provide the coverage, and hosting all of the content on the website. Yet you are given access to all of the results and photos free of charge. With the subscription, you get many other features that are not included to the free site such as rankings and virtual meets. Seeing yourself or your team at the top of the rankings is much better recognition than having a picture on the internet.
First off, I would like to thank Paul and his staff for the coverage of our sport. I frequent momilesplit daily, using many features of the site.

I will put a plug in for them and say that if you would like to see an increase in coverage, perhaps you should sign up for a subscription and help give them the resources to provide the coverage. It can be expensive traveling to meets, buyubg the equipment necessary to provide the coverage, and hosting all of the content on the website. Yet you are given access to all of the results and photos free of charge.

With the subscription, you get many other features that are not included to the free site such as rankings and virtual meets. Seeing yourself or your team at the top of the rankings is much better recognition than having a picture on the internet.
04/28/2014 2:57:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=mcchillin]Milesplit shouldn't even come to meets if they aren't going to be there for the entire thing.[/quote] This post lacks any merit after such a ridiculous opening sentence, and it deserves to be soundly rejected as an outlier. Paul and company: speaking with so many others, thank you for your tireless service to the Missouri high school Cross Country and Track & Field scenes. Brian Gilmore SLUH
mcchillin wrote:
Milesplit shouldn't even come to meets if they aren't going to be there for the entire thing.

This post lacks any merit after such a ridiculous opening sentence, and it deserves to be soundly rejected as an outlier.

Paul and company: speaking with so many others, thank you for your tireless service to the Missouri high school Cross Country and Track & Field scenes.

Brian Gilmore
SLUH
04/28/2014 7:27:05 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I'd like to thank you as well. CJ is on the cover due to is incredible talent. They report on stellar performances. If someone ran an 3:58-4:05 mile or 10.1-10.4 in the 100, I'm sure they would be on the cover. That is what he is doing on a daily basis. If they just went off the performances and national ranking. CJ and Michael Wells would be on page 1 every day.
I'd like to thank you as well.
CJ is on the cover due to is incredible talent. They report on stellar performances. If someone ran an 3:58-4:05 mile or 10.1-10.4 in the 100, I'm sure they would be on the cover. That is what he is doing on a daily basis. If they just went off the performances and national ranking. CJ and Michael Wells would be on page 1 every day.
04/28/2014 7:48:53 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I'll add to the chorus - we appreciate all the coverage. And CJ and Michael Wells are truly studs. I realize you cant get to every meet and do your best to get to as many as you can. you guys are awesome.
I'll add to the chorus - we appreciate all the coverage. And CJ and Michael Wells are truly studs. I realize you cant get to every meet and do your best to get to as many as you can.

you guys are awesome.
04/28/2014 8:32:26 PM
User
Be prepared for Noah, Spencer, and Dylan to start eatin up coverage as well. Be glad that we have talent that can perform on a national level. When I ran it was not this much talent in the state that brought this type of warranted attention.
Be prepared for Noah, Spencer, and Dylan to start eatin up coverage as well. Be glad that we have talent that can perform on a national level. When I ran it was not this much talent in the state that brought this type of warranted attention.
04/28/2014 9:36:37 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I too would like to thank the staff at MoMile for providing coverage. Anyone that has ever coached or had multiple children participate in track and field, know that it is difficult to see every athlete in every event. I think MoMile does a great job. MoMile has done an up and coming list based on the athletes year of graduation. But in Missouri there are a number of elite level athletes including CJ, Mike, Sophia and Hannah. When you have athletes that are competitive on a national level, they are going to receive more attention. Just as Derrick Rose or Chris Paul receive the most attention on their teams. The athletes that have been listed in this post are competitors and constantly show good sportsmanship at meets. I would suggest using the elite level local athletes as motivators and trying to run/throw/jump better than them.
I too would like to thank the staff at MoMile for providing coverage. Anyone that has ever coached or had multiple children participate in track and field, know that it is difficult to see every athlete in every event. I think MoMile does a great job.

MoMile has done an up and coming list based on the athletes year of graduation. But in Missouri there are a number of elite level athletes including CJ, Mike, Sophia and Hannah. When you have athletes that are competitive on a national level, they are going to receive more attention. Just as Derrick Rose or Chris Paul receive the most attention on their teams.

The athletes that have been listed in this post are competitors and constantly show good sportsmanship at meets. I would suggest using the elite level local athletes as motivators and trying to run/throw/jump better than them.
04/28/2014 9:57:11 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
This is the best high school sport site in the country.
This is the best high school sport site in the country.
04/29/2014 10:22:56 PM
User
@coach_gilmore An outlier? Coach Gilmore, I am not the only athlete to have this opinion. I heard at my meet today that my post was getting a lot of attention and the same kids who were telling about the replies were telling me that they felt the exact same way. I'm not saying that the Everett family and others don't deserve recognition for what they do, or that they don't put in effort to run this site, but what I am saying is that the website is called MoMileSplit. It's not CJJonesMileSplit, or NoahKaupillaMileSplit, or HannahLongMileSplit, but MoMileSplit. MissouriMileSplit. The entire state, not necessarily every single meet that is run every week, should get coverage. Ladue was the biggest meet of the season in the state of Missouri and MoMileSplit had one reporter there.
@coach_gilmore An outlier? Coach Gilmore, I am not the only athlete to have this opinion. I heard at my meet today that my post was getting a lot of attention and the same kids who were telling about the replies were telling me that they felt the exact same way. I'm not saying that the Everett family and others don't deserve recognition for what they do, or that they don't put in effort to run this site, but what I am saying is that the website is called MoMileSplit. It's not CJJonesMileSplit, or NoahKaupillaMileSplit, or HannahLongMileSplit, but MoMileSplit. MissouriMileSplit. The entire state, not necessarily every single meet that is run every week, should get coverage. Ladue was the biggest meet of the season in the state of Missouri and MoMileSplit had one reporter there.
04/29/2014 10:27:06 PM
User
@jtsimmons I did subscribe to the site so that I could experience the entire thing, but I was actually never granted full access. Most kids would disagree with you in saying that seeing yourself at the top of the rankings instead of a picture is better because we all know what the rankings are. I look at results every week and I look at STLToday to see what the rankings in St. Louis are, as do many other athletes. The photos are simply a nice thing to have because when MoMileSplit does take pictures, they're always excellent. I don't think I have ever seen a bad picture on this website.
@jtsimmons I did subscribe to the site so that I could experience the entire thing, but I was actually never granted full access.

Most kids would disagree with you in saying that seeing yourself at the top of the rankings instead of a picture is better because we all know what the rankings are. I look at results every week and I look at STLToday to see what the rankings in St. Louis are, as do many other athletes. The photos are simply a nice thing to have because when MoMileSplit does take pictures, they're always excellent. I don't think I have ever seen a bad picture on this website.
04/29/2014 10:31:37 PM
User
@nikkiaka The professional basketball players were not good analogies because while DRose and Chris Paul receive more coverage, their teammates are also being paid millions of dollars. I understand that no high school athlete is paid, but getting the coverage could be compared to actually getting paid. Noah and CJ are getting the "millions," the pictures and the stories, but the other good athletes in the state get nothing.
@nikkiaka The professional basketball players were not good analogies because while DRose and Chris Paul receive more coverage, their teammates are also being paid millions of dollars. I understand that no high school athlete is paid, but getting the coverage could be compared to actually getting paid. Noah and CJ are getting the "millions," the pictures and the stories, but the other good athletes in the state get nothing.
04/29/2014 11:37:22 PM
Admin
I'm sure you will find many things to complain about going forward in life. I would encourage you to take a different approach in the future. Just a few comments - There were no pictures of CJ winning the 800 at the Ladue meet, why you choose that as you reason to complain is something I'll let you explain. There is no right or entitlement to coverage. The site does create an athlete profile for anyone who has a result in our database. If you scroll down through the headline articles and photos on the site, I think you won't find the millions of photos of CJ you think exist. Here is the link http://mo.milesplit.com/articles While there are a number of faces that appear multiple times, these are high school athletes that not only perform well at a state level but also have made headlines at a national level. Do I wish we could do even more? Of course but there are limits of resources (staff, time & funding) and sheer number of athletes and meets that exist. Everyone that works on this site has another full time job outside of MileSplit or is a full time college student athlete. Over 98% of those who use the site are not subscribers or Insiders so the coverage is really provided by under 2% of our visitors. You wouldn't know it by looking at the forum because its usually only insiders that post. But it's not just about subscriptions. As our subscriptions have grown we've expanded our coverage each year and numerous requests for additional staff has not produced very many people willing to spend 8-10 hours at a meet and then another 6 hours or so editing, re-sizing and uploading photos. As for Your comment "I did subscribe to the site so that I could experience the entire thing, but I was actually never granted full access" - If you have any documentation that you did subscribe please pass it on so I can find out why you are the exception. Finally to all of you who offer your encouragement in this thread and at every meet we attend, Thank You Paul
I'm sure you will find many things to complain about going forward in life. I would encourage you to take a different approach in the future.

Just a few comments - There were no pictures of CJ winning the 800 at the Ladue meet, why you choose that as you reason to complain is something I'll let you explain.

There is no right or entitlement to coverage. The site does create an athlete profile for anyone who has a result in our database. If you scroll down through the headline articles and photos on the site, I think you won't find the millions of photos of CJ you think exist. Here is the link

http://mo.milesplit.com/articles

While there are a number of faces that appear multiple times, these are high school athletes that not only perform well at a state level but also have made headlines at a national level.

Do I wish we could do even more? Of course but there are limits of resources (staff, time & funding) and sheer number of athletes and meets that exist. Everyone that works on this site has another full time job outside of MileSplit or is a full time college student athlete.

Over 98% of those who use the site are not subscribers or Insiders so the coverage is really provided by under 2% of our visitors. You wouldn't know it by looking at the forum because its usually only insiders that post. But it's not just about subscriptions. As our subscriptions have grown we've expanded our coverage each year and numerous requests for additional staff has not produced very many people willing to spend 8-10 hours at a meet and then another 6 hours or so editing, re-sizing and uploading photos.

As for Your comment "I did subscribe to the site so that I could experience the entire thing, but I was actually never granted full access" - If you have any documentation that you did subscribe please pass it on so I can find out why you are the exception.

Finally to all of you who offer your encouragement in this thread and at every meet we attend, Thank You

Paul
04/30/2014 8:20:03 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@bantazmo Ditto..best High School site in the country at mo.milesplit.com Need proof...check out this site compared to others in the milesplit state family... Mr Everett, you and your staff do our kids proud sir...
@bantazmo
Ditto..best High School site in the country at mo.milesplit.com
Need proof...check out this site compared to others in the milesplit state family...

Mr Everett, you and your staff do our kids proud sir...
04/30/2014 2:23:16 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I would like to additionally mention the fact of how mo.milesplit.com has brought a lot of the kids together across the state through track. No disrespect to stltoday but before milesplit was around they would steal my results from the website I had going for a couple of years. I know for a fact as I would but one fake name and results on my ranking lists and wouldnt you know it would show up in the post. Stltoday doesnt even confirm if times are hand held in their results. Paul, David, Auck, Craig, and others do a lot for our state. They have given track and field a place were kids can feel special. Before this site good luck having anyone pay attention to a young lady who is blind run a race, or a young kid come back from a tragic accident to run on her varsity team. As a over the top fan of track I have done my best to try and help the site by providing links to blogs and uploading videos of races at various meets. You can do the same and make the site better if you see fit.
I would like to additionally mention the fact of how mo.milesplit.com has brought a lot of the kids together across the state through track. No disrespect to stltoday but before milesplit was around they would steal my results from the website I had going for a couple of years. I know for a fact as I would but one fake name and results on my ranking lists and wouldnt you know it would show up in the post. Stltoday doesnt even confirm if times are hand held in their results. Paul, David, Auck, Craig, and others do a lot for our state. They have given track and field a place were kids can feel special. Before this site good luck having anyone pay attention to a young lady who is blind run a race, or a young kid come back from a tragic accident to run on her varsity team. As a over the top fan of track I have done my best to try and help the site by providing links to blogs and uploading videos of races at various meets. You can do the same and make the site better if you see fit.
04/30/2014 2:59:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Guys just echoing here, but this is a truly fantastic site. I think the craziest thing on this thread is how few Paul said are insiders. I think having full access to the data base on here helps a coach make critical decisions as they head to districts, sectionals and state that otherwise would be based on past experience, own digging for stats, and/or hear say from others. Gentlemen great job on running things, and I know you will continue to raise the bar as you do each and every time I turn around.
Guys just echoing here, but this is a truly fantastic site. I think the craziest thing on this thread is how few Paul said are insiders. I think having full access to the data base on here helps a coach make critical decisions as they head to districts, sectionals and state that otherwise would be based on past experience, own digging for stats, and/or hear say from others.

Gentlemen great job on running things, and I know you will continue to raise the bar as you do each and every time I turn around.
04/30/2014 8:44:56 PM
User
What is the difference between a subscriber and insider?
What is the difference between a subscriber and insider?
04/30/2014 11:18:54 PM
Admin
@kcook208 There is none. Flotrack changed the name from Subscribers to Insiders.
@kcook208

There is none. Flotrack changed the name from Subscribers to Insiders.
05/01/2014 2:14:00 PM
User
@MoMileSplit I have since switched banks so I do not have access to the statement which would show my payment, so I couldn't show you any proof. The example of CJ was used because I, and many others, feel like he is often at the top of the page and because he ran at Ladue. I also know that there are many photos and articles, but it seems to me that most of those articles are about the athletes or teams that we all read about every week like SLUH, Rock Bridge, CJ, Noah, Spencer, and the other popular names in the running community of Missouri. I also understand that I sounded very immature and ill informed in my initial post to this forum, but it was also very soon after the meet results were put up and I was very angry. I wasn't expecting a group of adults to attack me.
@MoMileSplit I have since switched banks so I do not have access to the statement which would show my payment, so I couldn't show you any proof. The example of CJ was used because I, and many others, feel like he is often at the top of the page and because he ran at Ladue. I also know that there are many photos and articles, but it seems to me that most of those articles are about the athletes or teams that we all read about every week like SLUH, Rock Bridge, CJ, Noah, Spencer, and the other popular names in the running community of Missouri. I also understand that I sounded very immature and ill informed in my initial post to this forum, but it was also very soon after the meet results were put up and I was very angry. I wasn't expecting a group of adults to attack me.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.