KU Relays help...
04/18/2017 7:33:45 AM
Coach
I have not been to KU Relays since I was in college so I do not really know what to expect so I have a few questions? the weather does not look good at all for this weekend. Is there a place in the stadium to get out of the weather? Will it be super crowded with the bad weather? Is there a tent city area? Do coaches get tickets in to the meet with team entry? if so how many? How is parking? is it free? more to come....
I have not been to KU Relays since I was in college so I do not really know what to expect so I have a few questions?

the weather does not look good at all for this weekend.
Is there a place in the stadium to get out of the weather? Will it be super crowded with the bad weather?
Is there a tent city area?
Do coaches get tickets in to the meet with team entry? if so how many?
How is parking? is it free?

more to come....
04/18/2017 11:36:15 AM
Coach
@MJO21 The concourse at the top of the East stands is covered. Team camps are on the soccer field on the east side of the track. You get wristbands for coaches to get in. I don't remember the exact number. Parking is free. Busses park on the access road(s) to the south and west of the stadium. Normal parking is in the parking lots on the east side of the stadium.
@MJO21

The concourse at the top of the East stands is covered.

Team camps are on the soccer field on the east side of the track.

You get wristbands for coaches to get in. I don't remember the exact number.

Parking is free. Busses park on the access road(s) to the south and west of the stadium. Normal parking is in the parking lots on the east side of the stadium.
04/18/2017 2:02:21 PM
Coach
@MJO21 I believe you get a certain number of coaching wristbands based on the number of athletes that you have. It is not always enough for every team. My guess is that the covered concourse would be REALLY crowded if it was raining hard. More problematic is the possibility that KU will unilaterally decide to reschedule the entire meet at about 10pm Thursday evening. Don't laugh; that is exactly what they did a couple of years ago. I would keep my ear to the ground if I were you. Sean Nunn Raytown South
@MJO21

I believe you get a certain number of coaching wristbands based on the number of athletes that you have. It is not always enough for every team.

My guess is that the covered concourse would be REALLY crowded if it was raining hard.

More problematic is the possibility that KU will unilaterally decide to reschedule the entire meet at about 10pm Thursday evening. Don't laugh; that is exactly what they did a couple of years ago. I would keep my ear to the ground if I were you.

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
04/19/2017 10:14:51 AM
Coach
Thank you for the information. Weather doesn't sound pleasant but I am still looking forward to the experience!
Thank you for the information.

Weather doesn't sound pleasant but I am still looking forward to the experience!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.