District Time Schedule(s)
04/30/2018 9:54:25 AM
Coach
I am looking for the District time schedule for Class 5. Usually they are on TRXC but I did not see a 'schedule' link or any other info at this time. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks
I am looking for the District time schedule for Class 5. Usually they are on TRXC but I did not see a 'schedule' link or any other info at this time. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
05/01/2018 12:27:11 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
As far as I know they're not their. I've been looking on there for the last week and nothing has come up yet. Seems like we should have those already.
As far as I know they're not their. I've been looking on there for the last week and nothing has come up yet. Seems like we should have those already.
05/01/2018 12:44:27 PM
User
They're on there. Hopefully this link works: trxctiming.com/MSHSAA/2018_TF/Districts/class_5.htm
They're on there. Hopefully this link works:

trxctiming.com/MSHSAA/2018_TF/Districts/class_5.htm
05/01/2018 1:31:44 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
You can get there through the upcoming meets at the TRXC website. I don't know if all schedules are the same but I see that there is less than an hour between the c4 boys 4 x 800 and the c4 boys 1600. That seems a little short for an important qualifying meet like this. See example: http://trxctiming.com/MO_Class_4_tf/Districts/class_4_district_7_Time.pdf
You can get there through the upcoming meets at the TRXC website.

I don't know if all schedules are the same but I see that there is less than an hour between the c4 boys 4 x 800 and the c4 boys 1600. That seems a little short for an important qualifying meet like this. See example:

http://trxctiming.com/MO_Class_4_tf/Districts/class_4_district_7_Time.pdf
05/01/2018 2:55:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@dashton81 Not all of them have time schedules posted yet.
@dashton81 Not all of them have time schedules posted yet.
05/01/2018 3:17:05 PM
Coach
[quote=palmtree]You can get there through the upcoming meets at the TRXC website. I don't know if all schedules are the same but I see that there is less than an hour between the c4 boys 4 x 800 and the c4 boys 1600. That seems a little short for an important qualifying meet like this. See example: trxctiming.com/MO_Class_4_tf/Districts/class_4_dis....[/quote] @palmtree What the heck is the genius logic of having boys first in the prelims and then girls first in the finals? The logic of this sport entirely evades me. Sean Nunn Raytown South
palmtree wrote:
You can get there through the upcoming meets at the TRXC website.

I don't know if all schedules are the same but I see that there is less than an hour between the c4 boys 4 x 800 and the c4 boys 1600. That seems a little short for an important qualifying meet like this. See example:

trxctiming.com/MO_Class_4_tf/Districts/class_4_dis....

@palmtree

What the heck is the genius logic of having boys first in the prelims and then girls first in the finals? The logic of this sport entirely evades me.

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
05/01/2018 3:45:54 PM
User
@Coach_casa Didn't know the District 3 one wasn't up. You might be able to reach out to Bob Hebrank at Pattonville to get that one. No email listed for him except a direct link. phs.psdr3.org/administration
@Coach_casa Didn't know the District 3 one wasn't up. You might be able to reach out to Bob Hebrank at Pattonville to get that one. No email listed for him except a direct link. phs.psdr3.org/administration
05/02/2018 8:09:31 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@seannunn You don't have to change the hurdle heights nor move the sets of hurdles in between prelims and finals B-).
@seannunn

You don't have to change the hurdle heights nor move the sets of hurdles in between prelims and finals .
05/02/2018 9:29:00 AM
User
[quote=CoachSwift]@seannunn You don't have to change the hurdle heights nor move the sets of hurdles in between prelims and finals .[/quote] @CoachSwift That is a terrible reason. There is no need to try and save time because the meet is on a time schedule. And there is plenty of time between the prelims of the hurdles and the finals of the hurdles to adjust them and move them back to the correct marks. There is no need to use that as an excuse. The prelims and finals should be run in the same order. Either boys - girls or girls - boys.
CoachSwift wrote:
@seannunn

You don't have to change the hurdle heights nor move the sets of hurdles in between prelims and finals .

@CoachSwift That is a terrible reason. There is no need to try and save time because the meet is on a time schedule. And there is plenty of time between the prelims of the hurdles and the finals of the hurdles to adjust them and move them back to the correct marks. There is no need to use that as an excuse. The prelims and finals should be run in the same order. Either boys - girls or girls - boys.
05/02/2018 10:41:52 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I don't disagree with you, but looking at our district as an example, most of our coaches are staffed with duties throughout the meet. Coordinating such a thing is possible but challenging when each coach has other obligations.
I don't disagree with you, but looking at our district as an example, most of our coaches are staffed with duties throughout the meet. Coordinating such a thing is possible but challenging when each coach has other obligations.
05/02/2018 11:11:49 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@big_al_2112.flosports Easy big guy! I didn't say I agreed with it! Just stating the archaic reasoning for it :) Personally, I say drop all prelims :)
@big_al_2112.flosports

Easy big guy! I didn't say I agreed with it! Just stating the archaic reasoning for it :) Personally, I say drop all prelims :)
05/02/2018 12:30:01 PM
Coach
I think with the addition of javelin in the past two years, it's time to re-examine our District and Sectional schedules. Among the many questions I would ask: 1. Can these schedules be made available earlier in the season? The state schedule is available well in advance, so coaches can plan and prepare. I know MHSAA has some problems finding hosts schools, and that can complicate getting those schedules out (will it be a single district or double, etc.). That said, we should know by early April our District time schedule. That way coaches can prepare a talented athlete if their 3-4 events all fall within a short range of time. Finding out the schedule ten days (or less) before Districts is not enough advanced notice. 2. Should the field events start before the races start? At most meets during the season, they begin at the same time. Should they end 2 hours before the last race? (At our Districts they usually do). 3. At our District, the second session of field events starts at 11:30. Realistically, they will end by 1:30, but the last race is at 3:30. Should they be more spread out? 4. With seven field events now, should we have 3 sessions of field events at Districts, instead of the two we currently have? You could put one jump and one throw in each of the three sessions, and then put pole vault somewhere. If an athlete is a really talented thrower or jumper, none of their events would coincide. 5. Should the field events rotate in the schedule from year to year so they're not always conflicting with certain races?
I think with the addition of javelin in the past two years, it's time to re-examine our District and Sectional schedules. Among the many questions I would ask:

1. Can these schedules be made available earlier in the season? The state schedule is available well in advance, so coaches can plan and prepare. I know MHSAA has some problems finding hosts schools, and that can complicate getting those schedules out (will it be a single district or double, etc.). That said, we should know by early April our District time schedule. That way coaches can prepare a talented athlete if their 3-4 events all fall within a short range of time. Finding out the schedule ten days (or less) before Districts is not enough advanced notice.

2. Should the field events start before the races start? At most meets during the season, they begin at the same time. Should they end 2 hours before the last race? (At our Districts they usually do).

3. At our District, the second session of field events starts at 11:30. Realistically, they will end by 1:30, but the last race is at 3:30. Should they be more spread out?

4. With seven field events now, should we have 3 sessions of field events at Districts, instead of the two we currently have? You could put one jump and one throw in each of the three sessions, and then put pole vault somewhere. If an athlete is a really talented thrower or jumper, none of their events would coincide.

5. Should the field events rotate in the schedule from year to year so they're not always conflicting with certain races?
05/02/2018 1:31:57 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachSwift Dropping prelims is in the works. What we will have after this weekend and next is data on how often somebody seeded 9th or lower at the district meet advances to the sectional meet to give us justification for dropping the prelims.
@CoachSwift
Dropping prelims is in the works. What we will have after this weekend and next is data on how often somebody seeded 9th or lower at the district meet advances to the sectional meet to give us justification for dropping the prelims.
05/02/2018 8:51:35 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@hays Didn't even know that was in the discussion! Interesting...
@hays

Didn't even know that was in the discussion! Interesting...
05/03/2018 8:52:18 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Hays I see a a pro and con for prelims. On one hand it forces athletes to run extra heats, which takes it's toll on the athletes and can force tough decisions on what events they will do. However, I do see a benefit for some athletes who would normally be relegated to a slower heat due to their seed time and potentially run slower due to the competition of that heat. While usually the faster athletes coming in will advance to finals, you never know what may happen when you line up athletes to race head to head. That being said I still think we should completely eliminate district and sectional qualifying and instead go to one of two possibilities: 1. Make qualifying to state based on verified performances that meet a set standard; or 2. Have district qualifying PLUS anyone who qualified via a set standard to allow for those athletes placed in very tough district/sectional fields and would have qualified elsewhere.
@Hays I see a a pro and con for prelims. On one hand it forces athletes to run extra heats, which takes it's toll on the athletes and can force tough decisions on what events they will do. However, I do see a benefit for some athletes who would normally be relegated to a slower heat due to their seed time and potentially run slower due to the competition of that heat. While usually the faster athletes coming in will advance to finals, you never know what may happen when you line up athletes to race head to head.

That being said I still think we should completely eliminate district and sectional qualifying and instead go to one of two possibilities: 1. Make qualifying to state based on verified performances that meet a set standard; or 2. Have district qualifying PLUS anyone who qualified via a set standard to allow for those athletes placed in very tough district/sectional fields and would have qualified elsewhere.
05/07/2018 11:27:10 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Please, please, please... no more double-districts! I really like the double sectional, but the double district with prelims and 30 teams was a bit much.
Please, please, please... no more double-districts! I really like the double sectional, but the double district with prelims and 30 teams was a bit much.
05/07/2018 11:48:32 AM
Coach
I am not a fan of double districts at all. Prelims gone will be nice... I also think moving class 3 with the class 1 & 2 would be helpful, especially through the district meet.
I am not a fan of double districts at all.
Prelims gone will be nice...
I also think moving class 3 with the class 1 & 2 would be helpful, especially through the district meet.
05/07/2018 11:50:11 AM
Coach
I am not a fan of double districts at all. Prelims gone will be nice... I also think moving class 3 with the class 1 & 2 would be helpful, especially at the district meet, where entries are traditionally lower.
I am not a fan of double districts at all.
Prelims gone will be nice...

I also think moving class 3 with the class 1 & 2 would be helpful, especially at the district meet, where entries are traditionally lower.
05/07/2018 12:17:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@ebdawgs District 8 had the most entries in Class 2 District 6 had the 2nd most entries in Class 1. Putting them together had a combined number of entries of over 1100 and 109 races on the track.
@ebdawgs
District 8 had the most entries in Class 2
District 6 had the 2nd most entries in Class 1.
Putting them together had a combined number of entries of over 1100 and 109 races on the track.
05/07/2018 1:47:07 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Dean, I enjoy track & field a lot (as most do) and the meet prep. by W-N and Lafayette Co. was just fine. But, with the numbers you mentioned... it just made for a very, very long day.
Dean, I enjoy track & field a lot (as most do) and the meet prep. by W-N and Lafayette Co. was just fine. But, with the numbers you mentioned... it just made for a very, very long day.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.