Track access
04/01/2019 10:37:47 AM
User
I am very interested in everyone track use policy. We recently added a turf field and now all of the gates are to remain locked. I have run on many tracks during club volleyball or wrestling tournaments while my kids were growing up. I am saddened that our public no longer has access to our track for exercise. Is this typical? In the day of lawsuits are more schools locking there facilities when not in use. I would love to hear back from as many of you as possible. Also, ask around for area schools if possible! Thanks, Darbi Stancell McDonald County HS
I am very interested in everyone track use policy. We recently added a turf field and now all of the gates are to remain locked. I have run on many tracks during club volleyball or wrestling tournaments while my kids were growing up. I am saddened that our public no longer has access to our track for exercise. Is this typical? In the day of lawsuits are more schools locking there facilities when not in use. I would love to hear back from as many of you as possible. Also, ask around for area schools if possible!
Thanks,
Darbi Stancell
McDonald County HS
04/01/2019 11:02:59 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Our track at Francis Howell is locked up every night as well. When I moved here from Neosho, I was pretty surprised it wasn't public. Its huge pain for our alums who run in college as well when they come home from break as they have to jump a fence to workout.
Our track at Francis Howell is locked up every night as well. When I moved here from Neosho, I was pretty surprised it wasn't public. Its huge pain for our alums who run in college as well when they come home from break as they have to jump a fence to workout.
04/01/2019 12:56:29 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Might read the intent of any advertisements toward the passing of bonds used to pay for those facilities. Technically, those facilities were paid for by the tax payers....so, our facilities are open to the public unless reserved.
Might read the intent of any advertisements toward the passing of bonds used to pay for those facilities. Technically, those facilities were paid for by the tax payers....so, our facilities are open to the public unless reserved.
04/02/2019 11:51:44 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Our track at the HS is locked. We've had locks on the gates since it was built in 2000, but only started using them when the turf was installed. But the track at the JH is open to the public when not being used by the school.
Our track at the HS is locked. We've had locks on the gates since it was built in 2000, but only started using them when the turf was installed. But the track at the JH is open to the public when not being used by the school.
04/03/2019 11:17:03 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Our district allows all of its facilities to be used for about anything. My son's 5th grade basket ball teams as well as other teams use the gyms, batting cages, ball fields. Our admin says the tax payers build it and they can use it. Was a big selling point when we tried to and successfully got the track built
Our district allows all of its facilities to be used for about anything. My son's 5th grade basket ball teams as well as other teams use the gyms, batting cages, ball fields.

Our admin says the tax payers build it and they can use it.

Was a big selling point when we tried to and successfully got the track built
04/03/2019 11:23:38 AM
Coach
Our facilities are also all used by the community. The gyms, fields, track, all of it. I believe it is a great incentive to help when it comes time to build new things.
Our facilities are also all used by the community. The gyms, fields, track, all of it. I believe it is a great incentive to help when it comes time to build new things.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.