Questionable times?
04/27/2019 12:46:57 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I see there are a lot of these questionable times! Especially with the girls 100m.
I see there are a lot of these questionable times! Especially with the girls 100m.
04/27/2019 5:09:18 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@alizonme How are they questionable? There is always the possibility of wind-aided times. There could also be some meets that are hand-timed. I know for certain that meets hosted by any of the 5A or 6A schools on the eastern side of the state are FAT, so those times will be accurate.
@alizonme
How are they questionable? There is always the possibility of wind-aided times. There could also be some meets that are hand-timed. I know for certain that meets hosted by any of the 5A or 6A schools on the eastern side of the state are FAT, so those times will be accurate.
04/27/2019 5:32:15 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@jjwannamakerf So is it possible to go from 12.6 to 12.1 in a week?
@jjwannamakerf
So is it possible to go from 12.6 to 12.1 in a week?
04/27/2019 7:05:30 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@alizonme IMO it would depend on whether or not the time was wind-aided and/or it was a hand timed result. I have seen many runners have huge PR's due to gusty winds on their back and then never come close to that time again. I would like to see wind gauges with the timing systems for that reason. Hand timed results are way too variable (type of timer, accuracy of the person timing, etc) for my to put a lot of stock into them. When prepping my athletes, I pay attention to where the time comes from and find out about how the meet was managed to "scout" our competition. If it is about recruiting, college coaches will look at the body of work, not just one time when evaluating. I personally think a 0.5 second drop in a week is pretty tough, but could it be someone coming off an injury and they had times similar in past years and they are finally strong enough to get back to that level. State medals aren't award based off of times during the middle of the season, so the truth about times will come forward when the racing ramps up in a few weeks when it counts.
@alizonme
IMO it would depend on whether or not the time was wind-aided and/or it was a hand timed result. I have seen many runners have huge PR's due to gusty winds on their back and then never come close to that time again. I would like to see wind gauges with the timing systems for that reason. Hand timed results are way too variable (type of timer, accuracy of the person timing, etc) for my to put a lot of stock into them. When prepping my athletes, I pay attention to where the time comes from and find out about how the meet was managed to "scout" our competition. If it is about recruiting, college coaches will look at the body of work, not just one time when evaluating.

I personally think a 0.5 second drop in a week is pretty tough, but could it be someone coming off an injury and they had times similar in past years and they are finally strong enough to get back to that level. State medals aren't award based off of times during the middle of the season, so the truth about times will come forward when the racing ramps up in a few weeks when it counts.
04/28/2019 1:14:16 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Amen
Amen

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.