STL area travel restriction-Will it end?
09/10/2020 12:10:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
All, My AD feels like the STL area schools may not have the travel restriction lifted at all this school year. This would prohibit any of those schools from taking part in any state competition, if held in Columbia. Does anyone know or have any thoughts about weather this travel restriction will be lifted this season/school year? Also, has anyone thought about possibly moving the state competition into an area that could include STL area schools so the state meet is representative of all runners in the state, if the restriction is not lifted? I also am unaware of similar restrictions that may be in place in other parts of the state so there may be an issue for other schools to travel as well. I guess the real question is what can we do (if anything) to safely hold a state CC meet that could include every high school runner who may qualify if some parts of the state are under a travel restriction? Appreciate your thoughts on this one...
All,

My AD feels like the STL area schools may not have the travel restriction lifted at all this school year. This would prohibit any of those schools from taking part in any state competition, if held in Columbia.

Does anyone know or have any thoughts about weather this travel restriction will be lifted this season/school year?

Also, has anyone thought about possibly moving the state competition into an area that could include STL area schools so the state meet is representative of all runners in the state, if the restriction is not lifted?

I also am unaware of similar restrictions that may be in place in other parts of the state so there may be an issue for other schools to travel as well.

I guess the real question is what can we do (if anything) to safely hold a state CC meet that could include every high school runner who may qualify if some parts of the state are under a travel restriction?

Appreciate your thoughts on this one...
09/10/2020 12:49:00 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@esnich from my understanding of the guidelines moving the meet wouldn't do much. Schools in St. Louis County can't even compete with other schools outside the region. So say we move the State Meet to McNair Park (never would happen), because of St. Louis schools only being able to compete against schools from St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin, and Lincoln counties the majority of the state wouldn't be able to attend. Our only hope is that this is lifted in time for the state meet. Remember just a month ago all sports were canceled for the Fall, then a few days ago we didn't think we'd be allowed to compete, and now we can compete just not outside of the Region. A lot can can change by November 8th.
@esnich from my understanding of the guidelines moving the meet wouldn't do much. Schools in St. Louis County can't even compete with other schools outside the region. So say we move the State Meet to McNair Park (never would happen), because of St. Louis schools only being able to compete against schools from St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin, and Lincoln counties the majority of the state wouldn't be able to attend.

Our only hope is that this is lifted in time for the state meet. Remember just a month ago all sports were canceled for the Fall, then a few days ago we didn't think we'd be allowed to compete, and now we can compete just not outside of the Region. A lot can can change by November 8th.
09/10/2020 1:01:52 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@R-Taylor Thank you for the reply. Should we start planning a STL area "State" meet should we not be able to compete outside the 5 county area? Just to give something to our runners at the end of the year??
@R-Taylor Thank you for the reply.

Should we start planning a STL area "State" meet should we not be able to compete outside the 5 county area? Just to give something to our runners at the end of the year??
09/10/2020 10:17:57 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@esnich The 32 team St. Louis Suburban Conference meet has largely been just that for the past couple of years.
@esnich The 32 team St. Louis Suburban Conference meet has largely been just that for the past couple of years.
09/15/2020 12:49:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Any way ADs could lobby County Councils / Health Departments to draft an ordinance to make an exception for High School XC programs for one day (Nov 7th)?
Any way ADs could lobby County Councils / Health Departments to draft an ordinance to make an exception for High School XC programs for one day (Nov 7th)?
09/16/2020 4:02:24 PM
Power User
Tuesday the St. Louis County Council voted down a proposal that would have limited the County Executive's power, including the power to restrict youth sports. However, Incarnate Word Academy traveled out of St. Louis County to St. Charles County to play a softball game at Lutheran-St. Charles yesterday. HOF girls basketball coach and Incarnate AD D. Rolfes sounded like they interpreted the the county guidelines for out of county low-risk sports competition as a suggestion. So... [url=https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/incarnate-word-in-st-louis-county-playing-softball-in-st-charles/63-b68a7726-c3c6-42d1-b14b-6dfe7c6b8f26][url=https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/incarnate-word-in-st-louis-county-playing-softball-in-st-charles/63-b68a7726-c3c6-42d1-b14b-6dfe7c6b8f26]https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/incarnate-word-in-st-louis-county-playing-softball-in-st-charles/63-b68a7726-c3c6-42d1-b14b-6dfe7c6b8f26[/url][/url]
Tuesday the St. Louis County Council voted down a proposal that would have limited the County Executive's power, including the power to restrict youth sports.

However, Incarnate Word Academy traveled out of St. Louis County to St. Charles County to play a softball game at Lutheran-St. Charles yesterday. HOF girls basketball coach and Incarnate AD D. Rolfes sounded like they interpreted the the county guidelines for out of county low-risk sports competition as a suggestion. So...

09/17/2020 8:59:36 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Lutheran (St Charles) is planning to attend the KC Classic Oct 3rd.
Lutheran (St Charles) is planning to attend the KC Classic Oct 3rd.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.