Districts are posted.....nice work MSHSAA (said sarcastically)
09/21/2020 8:44:25 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I still don't understand why MSHSAA didn't respect the cross country advisory's unanimous recommendation of keeping the sectional races in tact. But, that Class 5 District 8 boys race will be an exciting, but sad race to watch! Those coaches have a ton of class and character, so don't expect any "whining" to come from that district. But those of us who genuinely love watching competitive cross country races, will be sad that 1 of the top 4 teams in the state will not be racing that day. I know there was a petition that was started to try and persuade MSHSAA to reconsider the sectional race or at least a super-sectional. Does anyone know what happened to that? Guessing it got buried or lost due to the COVID shut down last spring.
I still don't understand why MSHSAA didn't respect the cross country advisory's unanimous recommendation of keeping the sectional races in tact. But, that Class 5 District 8 boys race will be an exciting, but sad race to watch! Those coaches have a ton of class and character, so don't expect any "whining" to come from that district. But those of us who genuinely love watching competitive cross country races, will be sad that 1 of the top 4 teams in the state will not be racing that day.

I know there was a petition that was started to try and persuade MSHSAA to reconsider the sectional race or at least a super-sectional. Does anyone know what happened to that? Guessing it got buried or lost due to the COVID shut down last spring.
09/21/2020 9:31:05 AM
Coach
How is Springfield Catholic class 5?
How is Springfield Catholic class 5?
09/21/2020 10:10:52 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
How is St Vincent boys class 4????????
How is St Vincent boys class 4????????
09/21/2020 10:19:28 AM
Coach
Seems that private schools jumped big if they have had any type of success team wise in the past few years. Not even winning, just getting a team to state seems to have caused them to move up. Springfield Catholic Boys are class 5 while their girls team is still class 3.
Seems that private schools jumped big if they have had any type of success team wise in the past few years.

Not even winning, just getting a team to state seems to have caused them to move up.

Springfield Catholic Boys are class 5 while their girls team is still class 3.
09/21/2020 10:34:15 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
With the championship factor both schools boys teams were bumped up two classes. That formula is found on page 127 of the MSHSAA Handbook. KC Lutheran moved up 2 classes on both the boys and girls side. MICDS and Summit Prep also moved up 2 classes on the girls side.
With the championship factor both schools boys teams were bumped up two classes. That formula is found on page 127 of the MSHSAA Handbook.
KC Lutheran moved up 2 classes on both the boys and girls side. MICDS and Summit Prep also moved up 2 classes on the girls side.
09/21/2020 10:49:21 AM
Coach
Class 5, District 2 is pretty loaded too. The conscious decision to load up one district vs. another is perplexing, and the geographic argument is completely arbitrary. I feel like certain teams are gerrymandered every year into a tough district. Dean--any word on when we'll know where districts are? Some schools already know, and this is a competitive advantage the rest of us. Thanks
Class 5, District 2 is pretty loaded too. The conscious decision to load up one district vs. another is perplexing, and the geographic argument is completely arbitrary. I feel like certain teams are gerrymandered every year into a tough district.

Dean--any word on when we'll know where districts are? Some schools already know, and this is a competitive advantage the rest of us.

Thanks
09/21/2020 10:53:47 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachebert Not a clue.
@coachebert
Not a clue.
09/21/2020 11:01:32 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I have many complaints (Class 5 District 2 & 8) but the one thing they got right was not splitting public schools across classes like they had mentioned previously.
I have many complaints (Class 5 District 2 & 8) but the one thing they got right was not splitting public schools across classes like they had mentioned previously.
09/21/2020 11:44:38 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Hays The move for SV boys is three classes from where they should be without the multiplier.
@Hays The move for SV boys is three classes from where they should be without the multiplier.
09/21/2020 11:50:32 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachTWood You are correct since their girls are C1. Looks like a mistake.
@CoachTWood
You are correct since their girls are C1. Looks like a mistake.
09/21/2020 12:03:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Did MSHSAA consider the fact that some schools have the same coach for boys and girls? Now they will be at different sites for districts. What is a coach supposed to do with that?
Did MSHSAA consider the fact that some schools have the same coach for boys and girls? Now they will be at different sites for districts. What is a coach supposed to do with that?
09/21/2020 12:30:33 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachstove There was supposed to be a rule where the separate teams would be at the same site for competition. I believe there are some mistakes that need to be cleared up.
@coachstove There was supposed to be a rule where the separate teams would be at the same site for competition. I believe there are some mistakes that need to be cleared up.
09/21/2020 12:34:53 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Do we know or is there somewhere to find the district race locations or if there will be sectional races in any classes this year? Also will it be top two teams from district qualifying for state or did that number get bumped up? What about individual runners at what place will they still qualify on their own? Thank you for any input.
Do we know or is there somewhere to find the district race locations or if there will be sectional races in any classes this year? Also will it be top two teams from district qualifying for state or did that number get bumped up? What about individual runners at what place will they still qualify on their own? Thank you for any input.
09/21/2020 12:40:18 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachTWood So that means that district sites may need to host 3-5 classes at the same location? During a normal year not a problem. With Covid going on I would think that they would want separate sites for each class, so as to minimize the number of people gathering at any location. I personally don't have a dog in the fight anymore, and I am also sure that with everything to consider this year, all options are logistical nightmares.
@CoachTWood
So that means that district sites may need to host 3-5 classes at the same location? During a normal year not a problem. With Covid going on I would think that they would want separate sites for each class, so as to minimize the number of people gathering at any location. I personally don't have a dog in the fight anymore, and I am also sure that with everything to consider this year, all options are logistical nightmares.
09/21/2020 12:48:56 PM
Coach
[quote=XCMannDad]Do we know or is there somewhere to find the district race locations or if there will be sectional races in any classes this year? Also will it be top two teams from district qualifying for state or did that number get bumped up? What about individual runners at what place will they still qualify on their own? Thank you for any input.[/quote]No sectionals for any class. All 5 classes qualify top 2 teams and anyone in the top 15 individually.
XCMannDad wrote:
o we know or is there somewhere to find the district race locations or if there will be sectional races in any classes this year? Also will it be top two teams from district qualifying for state or did that number get bumped up? What about individual runners at what place will they still qualify on their own? Thank you for any input.
No sectionals for any class. All 5 classes qualify top 2 teams and anyone in the top 15 individually.
09/21/2020 12:53:10 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Class 4 dragging Warrensburg and Marshall down from the KC area to the South while putting Logan-Rogersville and Rolla (both very close to all other district 5 teams) to the West and East. That makes no geographical sense.
Class 4 dragging Warrensburg and Marshall down from the KC area to the South while putting Logan-Rogersville and Rolla (both very close to all other district 5 teams) to the West and East. That makes no geographical sense.
09/21/2020 1:00:08 PM
Coach
[quote=coachstove]@CoachTWood So that means that district sites may need to host 3-5 classes at the same location? During a normal year not a problem. With Covid going on I would think that they would want separate sites for each class, so as to minimize the number of people gathering at any location. I personally don't have a dog in the fight anymore, and I am also sure that with everything to consider this year, all options are logistical nightmares.[/quote]Class 4 and 5 districts are paired together. Class 1, 2, and 3 districts are tripled up.
coachstove wrote:
@CoachTWood
So that means that district sites may need to host 3-5 classes at the same location? During a normal year not a problem. With Covid going on I would think that they would want separate sites for each class, so as to minimize the number of people gathering at any location. I personally don't have a dog in the fight anymore, and I am also sure that with everything to consider this year, all options are logistical nightmares.
Class 4 and 5 districts are paired together.

Class 1, 2, and 3 districts are tripled up.
09/21/2020 1:21:52 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
C1,2 and 3 except for dist 2 are posted now on the boys side on MSHSAA.
09/21/2020 1:23:06 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Good to hear from you coach Wood. I was alarmed about St. Vincent. It isn't enough that putting them in class 3 with Herky, Potosi and the others power houses isn't bad enough bumping them 3 classes had to be a mistake.
Good to hear from you coach Wood. I was alarmed about St. Vincent. It isn't enough that putting them in class 3 with Herky, Potosi and the others power houses isn't bad enough bumping them 3 classes had to be a mistake.
09/21/2020 2:06:06 PM
Coach
[quote=Hays]C1,2 and 3 except for dist 2 are posted now on the boys side on MSHSAA.[/quote]I believe it should be Lutheran North
Hays wrote:
I believe it should be Lutheran North

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.