Live stream for Gans Creek?
10/24/2020 11:52:02 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I watched the MSHSAA state video yesterday and don't remember seeing anything about a live stream of the races, like they did for the Gans Creek Classic. We were very impressed by the coverage of the live stream for the Gans Creek Classic and it would be great if it could be done again so families and teammates (other than the two people per racer) would be able to watch the races.
I watched the MSHSAA state video yesterday and don't remember seeing anything about a live stream of the races, like they did for the Gans Creek Classic. We were very impressed by the coverage of the live stream for the Gans Creek Classic and it would be great if it could be done again so families and teammates (other than the two people per racer) would be able to watch the races.
10/25/2020 9:46:33 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Sadly I don’t think it’ll happen. MSHSAA didn’t want to pay for a stream to be produced for MSHSAA.tv and they weren’t interested in my offer to do it for free on YouTube like we did for the Gans Creek HS and College races.
Sadly I don't think it'll happen. MSHSAA didn't want to pay for a stream to be produced for MSHSAA.tv and they weren't interested in my offer to do it for free on YouTube like we did for the Gans Creek HS and College races.
10/26/2020 2:15:28 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CodeFlash05 I am very sorry to hear that. I heard from so many people who were incredibly grateful to watch the excellent coverage of the Gans Creek Classic and we were hoping to have it again for state. I have watched the coverage several times and I want to thank you for making that happen. I just pulled up the link and it says over 12,000 people have viewed the races. Thousands of people would love to watch and cheer on the athletes, even if it means doing so from home or watching your teammates run while on a team bus waiting for your turn to race. I know at this point, I am just grateful that the season is happening and there will be a chance for athletes to compete at the state meet, but it seems like a missed opportunity for teammates, siblings, alums, grandparents, extended family and fans to watch athletes in a race that may come along only once in a lifetime for some of these kids.
@CodeFlash05
I am very sorry to hear that. I heard from so many people who were incredibly grateful to watch the excellent coverage of the Gans Creek Classic and we were hoping to have it again for state. I have watched the coverage several times and I want to thank you for making that happen. I just pulled up the link and it says over 12,000 people have viewed the races.
Thousands of people would love to watch and cheer on the athletes, even if it means doing so from home or watching your teammates run while on a team bus waiting for your turn to race. I know at this point, I am just grateful that the season is happening and there will be a chance for athletes to compete at the state meet, but it seems like a missed opportunity for teammates, siblings, alums, grandparents, extended family and fans to watch athletes in a race that may come along only once in a lifetime for some of these kids.
10/27/2020 1:42:05 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
It's more than just sad. It's a disservice to the community -- during a pandemic when in person spectating is understandably limited, no less. That would be reasonable if they were worried about the loss of paying spectators at the event. Under the current circumstances it is not at all reasonable. Why wouldn't they allow it when someone has offered to do it for free?
It's more than just sad. It's a disservice to the community -- during a pandemic when in person spectating is understandably limited, no less. That would be reasonable if they were worried about the loss of paying spectators at the event. Under the current circumstances it is not at all reasonable. Why wouldn't they allow it when someone has offered to do it for free?
10/27/2020 3:01:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@palmtree Great questions, ask Don Maurer at MSHSAA why there isn't a live stream available. Hopefully we will find out there is something in the works. If not, maybe this would be enough for them to reconsider. Don@MSHSAA.org
@palmtree

Great questions, ask Don Maurer at MSHSAA why there isn't a live stream available. Hopefully we will find out there is something in the works. If not, maybe this would be enough for them to reconsider.

Don@MSHSAA.org
10/28/2020 9:08:28 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachSwift Thank you for the contact information. I just emailed Don Maurer and my team and their family members will be emailing him as well asking him to reconsider. If we can get enough coaches, athletes, families and cross country fans to email him, I think he will realize how much this means to everyone. It's not the same to be on a website and watch the results appear versus watching a video of it.
@CoachSwift
Thank you for the contact information. I just emailed Don Maurer and my team and their family members will be emailing him as well asking him to reconsider. If we can get enough coaches, athletes, families and cross country fans to email him, I think he will realize how much this means to everyone. It's not the same to be on a website and watch the results appear versus watching a video of it.
10/30/2020 11:42:36 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@palmtree Why would MSHSAA do something that is in the best interest of athletes, their families, and the sport in general?
@palmtree

Why would MSHSAA do something that is in the best interest of athletes, their families, and the sport in general?
11/01/2020 7:24:34 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Any news on this?
Any news on this?
11/02/2020 8:45:02 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Jpkillian I've heard several people got a reply along the lines of "We cannot go into our decision, which remains a 'No'." Some are guessing it is due to contractual agreements with MSHSAA TV. However, if MSHSAA TV isn't offering a live stream for XC, then surely that is a breach of their contract opening up the opportunity for someone else to do it. We are currently living a life of constant flexibility and "broken contracts" due to this pandemic. Why not show some grace and understanding for our XC families?
@Jpkillian

I've heard several people got a reply along the lines of "We cannot go into our decision, which remains a 'No'."

Some are guessing it is due to contractual agreements with MSHSAA TV. However, if MSHSAA TV isn't offering a live stream for XC, then surely that is a breach of their contract opening up the opportunity for someone else to do it.

We are currently living a life of constant flexibility and "broken contracts" due to this pandemic. Why not show some grace and understanding for our XC families?
11/02/2020 9:37:26 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachSwift And, Don just responded that MSHSAA TV will be live streaming now. It has been a cost of $10 for all other sports, guessing it will be the same for XC.
@CoachSwift

And, Don just responded that MSHSAA TV will be live streaming now. It has been a cost of $10 for all other sports, guessing it will be the same for XC.
11/02/2020 9:48:03 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Strange that it cost $8 to attend in person, and $10 to stream live. I guess that there will be demand.
Strange that it cost $8 to attend in person, and $10 to stream live. I guess that there will be demand.
11/02/2020 10:21:18 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Is it $10 for each race or will $10 cover all 3 days?
Is it $10 for each race or will $10 cover all 3 days?
11/02/2020 4:29:08 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
The live stream will be free
The live stream will be free
11/02/2020 10:50:09 PM
Power User
The State Assoc. tweeted out last week that there would be "highlights" of all championships on their video platform/website. Highlights is not a live webcast. They don't want to pay anyone to produce a live broadcast, although they seem to now have come to change their minds. The production value of Cody's webcasts is thousands & thousands of dollars.
The State Assoc. tweeted out last week that there would be "highlights" of all championships on their video platform/website. Highlights is not a live webcast. They don't want to pay anyone to produce a live broadcast, although they seem to now have come to change their minds. The production value of Cody's webcasts is thousands & thousands of dollars.
11/02/2020 11:20:39 PM
Power User
For $10, you can get a backyard full of masked fans to sit and watch. Five people for $2 each, etc. $10 is a bargain. Free, is highway robbery. That's the problem in this internet-age, we've gotten way too comfortable getting stuff free, we don't value content enough. There is so much online that you couldn't take in hundreds of lifetimes. The only things that will survive at the things we value and support with our $ and our time. Look at the media, newspaper, broadcast television industry. If we aren't going to support the sport with our time, energy, and finances, it's going to get worse and the attention to it will become, somehow, even less. Support the things you enjoy and count on, otherwise it's going away or going to become greatly diminished. Oh, and advertising rates and revenue are not going to pay the bills unless there are millions and millions of viewers. (Now stepping off the soapbox).
For $10, you can get a backyard full of masked fans to sit and watch. Five people for $2 each, etc. $10 is a bargain. Free, is highway robbery. That's the problem in this internet-age, we've gotten way too comfortable getting stuff free, we don't value content enough. There is so much online that you couldn't take in hundreds of lifetimes. The only things that will survive at the things we value and support with our $ and our time. Look at the media, newspaper, broadcast television industry. If we aren't going to support the sport with our time, energy, and finances, it's going to get worse and the attention to it will become, somehow, even less. Support the things you enjoy and count on, otherwise it's going away or going to become greatly diminished. Oh, and advertising rates and revenue are not going to pay the bills unless there are millions and millions of viewers.
(Now stepping off the soapbox).
11/03/2020 9:30:25 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Auck is 100% right on his points. Columbia Parks & Rec is picking up the slack and decided to work with us to get the live stream going. It will be on MSHSAA.tv for free to the fans, and you have Columbia Parks & Rec to thank. It sounded like they were getting a lot of the blowback from the lack of a stream, which should've been directed elsewhere, so be sure to show some appreciation to them for getting this done.
@Auck is 100% right on his points.

Columbia Parks & Rec is picking up the slack and decided to work with us to get the live stream going. It will be on MSHSAA.tv for free to the fans, and you have Columbia Parks & Rec to thank. It sounded like they were getting a lot of the blowback from the lack of a stream, which should've been directed elsewhere, so be sure to show some appreciation to them for getting this done.
11/03/2020 10:31:20 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CodeFlash05 Thanks to all who helped make this happen. Do people just go to MSHSAA Tv to watch?
@CodeFlash05

Thanks to all who helped make this happen.

Do people just go to MSHSAA Tv to watch?
11/03/2020 10:59:06 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
[url=https://mshsaa.tv/]https://mshsaa.tv/[/url] It’s got the links on there now. Streams will probably go live about 15 minutes before each race.
https://mshsaa.tv/

It's got the links on there now. Streams will probably go live about 15 minutes before each race.
11/03/2020 3:28:01 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CodeFlash05 @Auck Thank you so much to everyone who worked to make a live stream of the state races possible! It means so much for families, teammates and XC fans to be able to watch the athletes compete at the state meet. I would have gladly paid for this, and I agree we need to support those who made this content possible. In such a strange year that 2020 has been, it will lift our spirits to watch athletes have the opportunity to compete at the state cross country meet this week.
@CodeFlash05 @Auck

Thank you so much to everyone who worked to make a live stream of the state races possible! It means so much for families, teammates and XC fans to be able to watch the athletes compete at the state meet. I would have gladly paid for this, and I agree we need to support those who made this content possible. In such a strange year that 2020 has been, it will lift our spirits to watch athletes have the opportunity to compete at the state cross country meet this week.
11/04/2020 12:57:55 AM
Power User
I'm sure you'll have to create an account and log in to watch so they can get email addresses to send out promotional messages encouraging you to login and pay to watch other broadcasts of championship event and our high schools that have joined that same platform to broadcast their events. COMO Parks & Rec comes up big, time and time again, to make Gans Creek a World-Class facility and the experience for athletes and coaches, great. Thank you!
I'm sure you'll have to create an account and log in to watch so they can get email addresses to send out promotional messages encouraging you to login and pay to watch other broadcasts of championship event and our high schools that have joined that same platform to broadcast their events.

COMO Parks & Rec comes up big, time and time again, to make Gans Creek a World-Class facility and the experience for athletes and coaches, great. Thank you!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.