Forest Park Cross Country Festival 2010
09/05/2010 2:48:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
This is going to be one incredible event. Some of the biggest names in Missouri high school cross country will be competing. Who will come out on top?
This is going to be one incredible event. Some of the biggest names in Missouri high school cross country will be competing. Who will come out on top?
09/10/2010 4:40:45 PM
User
The weather forecast for Saturday morning is pretty bleak. Rain/ storms until about noon are a near certainty. I guess this is a rain or shine event unless there is lightening, right? Rick
The weather forecast for Saturday morning is pretty bleak. Rain/ storms until about noon are a near certainty. I guess this is a rain or shine event unless there is lightening, right?

Rick
09/10/2010 6:35:39 PM
Admin
Lets hope the front is as fast as the field tomorrow. [url=http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=LSX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1]NOAA WEATHER DISCUSSION[/url]
Lets hope the front is as fast as the field tomorrow.

NOAA WEATHER DISCUSSION
09/11/2010 4:59:52 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
A current look at radar, 4 a.m., shows the rain clearing out between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. Let's hope that it does.
A current look at radar, 4 a.m., shows the rain clearing out between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. Let's hope that it does.
09/12/2010 12:37:13 AM
Admin
Varsity Boys & Girls Green Division photos are up. (JV Boys White starting to upload) Interviews are posted. Finish line video for the Top 25 finishers in the Varsity Girls and Boys Green division race is posted. Coming Sunday - Photos from Varsity White Divisions and JV Divisions. & a lot of race footage.
Varsity Boys & Girls Green Division photos are up. (JV Boys White starting to upload)

Interviews are posted.

Finish line video for the Top 25 finishers in the Varsity Girls and Boys Green division race is posted.

Coming Sunday - Photos from Varsity White Divisions and JV Divisions. & a lot of race footage.
09/13/2010 6:27:20 PM
Admin
We have a couple of more videos to load on the JV side. We have almost [b]5,000[/b] photos taken by either myself or Chris Auckley are currently on the site in addition to race footage and athlete interviews. [url=http://mo.milesplit.us/articles/50177]http://mo.milesplit.us/articles/50177[/url] Ben & Matt from Big River Running and SLUH nation have put together a great meet that continues to grow. MoMileSplit was proud to be one of the sponsors of this years event.
We have a couple of more videos to load on the JV side.

We have almost 5,000 photos taken by either myself or Chris Auckley are currently on the site in addition to race footage and athlete interviews.

http://mo.milesplit.us/articles/50177

Ben & Matt from Big River Running and SLUH nation have put together a great meet that continues to grow. MoMileSplit was proud to be one of the sponsors of this years event.
09/13/2010 11:53:22 PM
Power User
More than 3,000 photos uploaded. Probably shot 90-95% of the high schoolers who ran. If your interested in prints or a digital copy you can email me at photofan1@hotmail.com or they may be up on my photo website later this week @ chrisa.photoshelter.com. It will probably be easier to email me though as I might not upload the full res photos to my website. Chris Auckley
More than 3,000 photos uploaded. Probably shot 90-95% of the high schoolers who ran. If your interested in prints or a digital copy you can email me at photofan1@hotmail.com or they may be up on my photo website later this week @ chrisa.photoshelter.com. It will probably be easier to email me though as I might not upload the full res photos to my website.

Chris Auckley
09/14/2010 12:18:41 PM
User
I had a chance to peruse the photo albums and you guys did a great job of making sure that most kids will have the opportunity to find themselves in some of the pictures. The races went seamlessly IMHO even with the course conditions being less than optimal, and the concert crew running their vehicles back and forth during the meet setting up their own event which was to take place a few hours later. Times were very solid even under the duress of running in the mud. I would make the argument that conditions cost the runners some 30s and that might be on the conservative side. Having run the open race in the early morning, I was thinking that we were the first race and the course was already really sloppy. I could only imagine how ate up it would be by the time the Varsity athletes got a hold of it. Great job to everyone involved in the organization of the meet, as well as the athletes competing in the races. It was a great day.
I had a chance to peruse the photo albums and you guys did a great job of making sure that most kids will have the opportunity to find themselves in some of the pictures.

The races went seamlessly IMHO even with the course conditions being less than optimal, and the concert crew running their vehicles back and forth during the meet setting up their own event which was to take place a few hours later.

Times were very solid even under the duress of running in the mud. I would make the argument that conditions cost the runners some 30s and that might be on the conservative side. Having run the open race in the early morning, I was thinking that we were the first race and the course was already really sloppy. I could only imagine how ate up it would be by the time the Varsity athletes got a hold of it.

Great job to everyone involved in the organization of the meet, as well as the athletes competing in the races. It was a great day.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.