Missouri State Meet
09/19/2011 12:14:22 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Can't get a straight answer from the coaches there......who's going to MSU this weekend?
Can't get a straight answer from the coaches there......who's going to MSU this weekend?
09/19/2011 1:11:04 PM
Coach
Dave: According to the registration site only Spfld Catholic and Central HS are registered.
Dave: According to the registration site only Spfld Catholic and Central HS are registered.
09/19/2011 4:06:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Although we have went for the past few years, we will not be attending this year due to a conflict in scheduling. Coach Holt (East Newton) already changed his meet last year to accomodate MSU and I don't blame him for not changing it again due to MSU changing their date again. East Newton is an extremely fast course and close to home for us. Probably other schools in SW MO will be running at EN on that Saturday. Just my 2 cents worth Darbi Stancell McDonald County
Although we have went for the past few years, we will not be attending this year due to a conflict in scheduling. Coach Holt (East Newton) already changed his meet last year to accomodate MSU and I don't blame him for not changing it again due to MSU changing their date again. East Newton is an extremely fast course and close to home for us. Probably other schools in SW MO will be running at EN on that Saturday.

Just my 2 cents worth
Darbi Stancell
McDonald County
09/19/2011 5:50:17 PM
User
while I respect MSU and acknowledge that they run a quality meet, I don't know anyone in sw missouri who is more supportive of the sport as a whole than Coach Holt at East Newton. He runs a quality program at his school, always hosts a fine, competitive - and fast - meet, and his xc camp has grown by leaps and bounds due to the many positives that kids experience under his watch. if I was still coaching and given the same choices, I'd be parking my bus next to Coach Stancell's at East Newton on Saturday. I know our Southwest Trojans will be there and are very excited about posting some PR's. Lee Stubblefield
while I respect MSU and acknowledge that they run a quality meet, I don't know anyone in sw missouri who is more supportive of the sport as a whole than Coach Holt at East Newton. He runs a quality program at his school, always hosts a fine, competitive - and fast - meet, and his xc camp has grown by leaps and bounds due to the many positives that kids experience under his watch.

if I was still coaching and given the same choices, I'd be parking my bus next to Coach Stancell's at East Newton on Saturday. I know our Southwest Trojans will be there and are very excited about posting some PR's.

Lee Stubblefield
09/19/2011 5:58:05 PM
User
The Republic kids will be in East Newton as well due entirely to Coach Holt's relationship with our coach & athletes. We made sure his meet was a priority on our schedule.
The Republic kids will be in East Newton as well due entirely to Coach Holt's relationship with our coach & athletes. We made sure his meet was a priority on our schedule.
09/21/2011 11:52:09 PM
User
good luck with your meet this weekend coach holt!! was hoping to catch up with you at volleyfest, and i know alex was dissapointed when i told her you had a meet the same day. sounds to me like you have a great turnout heading your way!!
good luck with your meet this weekend coach holt!! was hoping to catch up with you at volleyfest, and i know alex was dissapointed when i told her you had a meet the same day. sounds to me like you have a great turnout heading your way!!
09/22/2011 8:59:03 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks Mary. We have 19 different schools coming this year with over 500 athletes...so, it should be a good meet. Hopefully, the course dries out by Saturday morning; we received some unexpected rainfall last night. I am going to try to be at Strafford by 3 o'clock to watch the end of the tournament. I see our daughters are in the same bracket play.
Thanks Mary. We have 19 different schools coming this year with over 500 athletes...so, it should be a good meet. Hopefully, the course dries out by Saturday morning; we received some unexpected rainfall last night.
I am going to try to be at Strafford by 3 o'clock to watch the end of the tournament. I see our daughters are in the same bracket play.
09/22/2011 10:33:50 PM
Power User
I wonder if Coach Clark will be there to give out awards. I'm sure he was happy to be there when Greg was in charge, not so sure now.
I wonder if Coach Clark will be there to give out awards. I'm sure he was happy to be there when Greg was in charge, not so sure now.
09/22/2011 11:23:21 PM
User
@chester1976 Sounds like a great turnout!! Your camp really is paying off for you!! Your mission must be very rewarding to you!! Glad to hear you are gonna try and make the tourney, I have not gotten a schedule yet! Our xc team will be running at Hermitage, sad that I am not gonna be there as well. Best of luck Saturday!!
@chester1976 Sounds like a great turnout!! Your camp really is paying off for you!! Your mission must be very rewarding to you!! Glad to hear you are gonna try and make the tourney, I have not gotten a schedule yet! Our xc team will be running at Hermitage, sad that I am not gonna be there as well. Best of luck Saturday!!
09/23/2011 9:07:52 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coach Holt, good luck this weekend with your home meet. My athletes enjoyed your camp and consider a reason they are off to a solid start this year. Sounds like we have a majority of the Southwest Missouri teams at our meets. Sorry we share the same day as we would enjoy coming down your direction. Mark Sabala Hermitage XC
Coach Holt, good luck this weekend with your home meet. My athletes enjoyed your camp and consider a reason they are off to a solid start this year. Sounds like we have a majority of the Southwest Missouri teams at our meets. Sorry we share the same day as we would enjoy coming down your direction.

Mark Sabala
Hermitage XC
09/23/2011 9:46:51 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@msabala Good luck as well. Our course is mowed, lined, and ready to go...despite the hard rain we received Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Your kids were great at camp; I hope they come back. I take our camp very seriously, having kids from nearly 40 different schools this year is a huge responsibility. We hope the kids leave camp ready to go back to their schools and really apply the lessons that their coaches are already teaching them; as I know is the case with Colin and his teammates. Again, to those coaches that have entrusted their kids in my care for the week; I thoroughly love them all and appreciate the honor and privilege of getting to know each and every one of them. However, it's not a solo operation; I have great, great counselors (young men and women of tremendous character), and the coaches that attend every year are invaluable. You know who you are; thank you so much. Jake Holt
@msabala
Good luck as well. Our course is mowed, lined, and ready to go...despite the hard rain we received Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
Your kids were great at camp; I hope they come back. I take our camp very seriously, having kids from nearly 40 different schools this year is a huge responsibility. We hope the kids leave camp ready to go back to their schools and really apply the lessons that their coaches are already teaching them; as I know is the case with Colin and his teammates.
Again, to those coaches that have entrusted their kids in my care for the week; I thoroughly love them all and appreciate the honor and privilege of getting to know each and every one of them.
However, it's not a solo operation; I have great, great counselors (young men and women of tremendous character), and the coaches that attend every year are invaluable. You know who you are; thank you so much.
Jake Holt
09/24/2011 6:39:05 PM
Coach
As an alumni of MSU I have tried to support them with all things distance running, but I am having a hard time supporting the current shell of a program that now remains. With that being said, MSU lost one of the best ambassadors of our sport that we had in SWMO once they fired Coach Hipp. I would much rather drive for a day to Northern Illinois to attend a meet put on by Coach Hipp than drive the one hour it takes to get to Springield.
As an alumni of MSU I have tried to support them with all things distance running, but I am having a hard time supporting the current shell of a program that now remains. With that being said, MSU lost one of the best ambassadors of our sport that we had in SWMO once they fired Coach Hipp. I would much rather drive for a day to Northern Illinois to attend a meet put on by Coach Hipp than drive the one hour it takes to get to Springield.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.