Meet Preview: Holt Pow Wow
Wentzville puts the wow in Pow Wow. Wentzville Holt's Invitational has been for years one of the most underrated matches in the regular season. The meet features a massive number of teams and elite competition from St. Charles County, Mid-Missouri, Illinois track powerhouse East St. Louis, and even the East St. Louis Suburb of Cahokia. The diversity within this meet makes for interesting team competitions and individual matchups. Many future state champions from both Missouri and Illinois can be seen in person before they make history later in the spring. The meet is a varsity only meet but allows for three entries per individual events. Perfect for the coach who is looking to give their kids a chance to compete so early in the year before lineups get set. I imagine there will be many eyes across the state checking the live results throughout the day Saturday.
Format for the Holt Pow Wow Invitational
The meet will be run with a traditional Missouri schedule. However, three competitors, we are allowed over the traditional two individuals. Holt's track is six lanes which could slow things down but also allow for additional recovery time helping those athletes and coaches who want to load up on events to maximize points.
Field Events will start at 10:00 am
Men's Shot/ Women's Immediately following
Women's Discus/Men's Immediately following
Javelin will immediately follow Shot & Discus
Women's PV/ Men's Immediately following
Men's HJ/ Women's Immediately following
11:30 Men's LJ
1:00 Women's TJ
2:30 Men's TJ
Cahokia, CBC, Clayton, Hazelwood Central, Hazelwood West, Holt, Ladue, Liberty Wentzville, Lift for Life Lindbergh, McCluer North, Nerinx Hall, Northwest Cedar Hill, Rockbridge, St. Charles, Troy, and Warrenton.
Seeded Athlete Highlights
Individually this meet will feature a few gems like freshman 100HH stud Michelle Owens, preseason all-state Alex Rosenberger in the 100 dash, Cahokia MVP Mariya Hudson, and the first family in pole vault the Banker sisters from Columbia Rock Bridge. On the boy's side is speedster Cameron Brown of CBC and the human howitzer cannon Edward Becton of Hazelwood Central
1. LaQwasia Stepney Sophomore 14.56 Cahokia
2. Michelle Owens Freshman 14.73 McCluer North
100 Dash Girls
1. Mariya Hudson Senior 12.23 Cahokia
100 Dash Boys
1600 Run Girls
1. Emily Griesenauer Junior 5:23.31 Holt
2. Lila Bensky Sophomore 5:25.00 Ladue
1600 Run Boys
1. Elias Gaffney Senior 4:33.00 Rock Bridge
2. Alexander Cobin Junior 4:33.21 Ladue
400 Dash Girls
1. Mariya Hudson Senior 58.01 Cahokia
400 Dash Boys
1. Jacob Tompkins Senior 50.27 Holt
1. Lila Bensky Sophomore 2:25.00 Ladue
2. Abigail Juedemann Sophomore 2:25.24 Lindbergh
3. Aly Vancardo Senior 2:26.24 Lindbergh
800 Run Boys
1. Bryaun Manuel Junior 1:59.00 East St. Louis
200 Dash Boys
2. Antonio Lay Sophomore 22.74 C.B.C.
3. Devin Jamison Senior 22.91 H.W.W.
4. Dale Chesson Sophomore 22.92 Ladue
5. Kemeric Winston Sophomore 22.98 H.W.C.
High Jump Girls
1. Tamadja Rodgers Junior 5'04.25 Cahokia
High Jump Boys
1. Edgar Jones Junior 6'04.00 East St. Louis
Girls Pole Vault
2. Morgan Banker Junior 10'00.00 Rock Bridge
Boys Pole Vault
1. Eli Darrough Sophomore 13'06.00 Rock Bridge
2. Zach Doster Senior 13'00.00 Rock Bridge
Long Jump Girls
1. Mariya Hudson Senior 18'10.00 Cahokia
2. LaQwasia Stepney Sophomore 18'02.50 Cahokia
Long Jump Boys
1. Brent Bledsoe Senior 21'08.00 C.B.C.
2. Malcolm Bell Senior 21'00.00 East St. Louis
Triple Jump Girls
1. LaQwasia Stepney Sophomore 36'10.50 Cahokia
2. Tamadja Rodgers Junior 35'05.25 Cahokia
Shot Put Boys1. Edward Becton Senior Varsity 56'00.00 H.W.C.