Starting May 23rd we will be depreciating the MileSplit discussion boards, until that time you will be unable to start new threads or post replies
District/Sectional Time Schedules
04/23/2019 9:56:24 AM
Coach
Any ideas on when these will be published? Personally, I would love to see these things made public at the same time our District assignments are announced. We should know what time we're starting, whether it's a single/double meet (which changes the rest time between races), and when the field events are. These can have huge impacts on what events athletes compete in during the State series. I remember a few years ago the MSHSAA rules quiz once reminded coaches that it's their responsibility to enter their athletes in events they can successfully and logistically compete in. What it didn't mention was that we often don't find out the time schedule until a week or two before the meet. How then can we prepare and train our athletes accordingly? If these things were made public all season long, the athlete and coach could prep for the situation they'll encounter at District/Sectionals. As it is now, we're in the dark until shortly before the meets. For any invitational we attend, we have the time schedule well in advance (often before the season begins). If anyone is on the advisory committee, I would appreciate you expressing this concern. Thanks
Any ideas on when these will be published?

Personally, I would love to see these things made public at the same time our District assignments are announced. We should know what time we're starting, whether it's a single/double meet (which changes the rest time between races), and when the field events are. These can have huge impacts on what events athletes compete in during the State series.

I remember a few years ago the MSHSAA rules quiz once reminded coaches that it's their responsibility to enter their athletes in events they can successfully and logistically compete in. What it didn't mention was that we often don't find out the time schedule until a week or two before the meet. How then can we prepare and train our athletes accordingly?

If these things were made public all season long, the athlete and coach could prep for the situation they'll encounter at District/Sectionals. As it is now, we're in the dark until shortly before the meets. For any invitational we attend, we have the time schedule well in advance (often before the season begins).

If anyone is on the advisory committee, I would appreciate you expressing this concern.

Thanks
04/23/2019 10:46:43 AM
Coach
@coachebert They are already posted on the TRXC site for those districts that the meet manager has sent in. The 1/2 meet I am working has been posted for a week and the 4/5 district meet I am working is also already posted. If your district has not posted, you need to talk to your meet manager.
@coachebert
They are already posted on the TRXC site for those districts that the meet manager has sent in. The 1/2 meet I am working has been posted for a week and the 4/5 district meet I am working is also already posted. If your district has not posted, you need to talk to your meet manager.
04/25/2019 5:15:34 PM
Coach
@Hays Thanks Dean. I wish the State would just post the time schedules online. I know they can vary depending on whether it's a single or double meet, but post them nevertheless. This would also let coaches know when the field events are relative to the races. I would also like to see a rotating schedule of field events from year to year. Put the field events into three time slots during the meet. Then pick one throw and one jump and put them intro groups of 2. The pole vault would also rotate from year to year, from first group to second to third. Just my two cents, and thanks for the response.
@Hays

Thanks Dean. I wish the State would just post the time schedules online. I know they can vary depending on whether it's a single or double meet, but post them nevertheless. This would also let coaches know when the field events are relative to the races.

I would also like to see a rotating schedule of field events from year to year. Put the field events into three time slots during the meet. Then pick one throw and one jump and put them intro groups of 2. The pole vault would also rotate from year to year, from first group to second to third. Just my two cents, and thanks for the response.
04/25/2019 6:04:24 PM
Coach
Some managers are quicker than others. Note that the MSHSAA TF manual for this year on page 7 states that it would be boys before girls this year in the state series meets and that is wrong. It is girls before boys. The double district I am working next weekend had to redo their time schedule when they found out the manual was wrong. Also, I saw that some district sites were using a recommended schedule and that schedule still has Box Alleys in the distance events when it should say double waterfall. Anytime 9 or more entries at the district meet in those events it will be a double waterfall. If 8 or fewer, and almost all C5 4X8s will be 8 or fewer, then each team will be in a lane around one turn just like at sectional. Here in Hardin at 5PM on Thursday, the wind is gusting to 40 MPH. I am glad I do not have a meet tonight.
Some managers are quicker than others.
Note that the MSHSAA TF manual for this year on page 7 states that it would be boys before girls this year in the state series meets and that is wrong. It is girls before boys. The double district I am working next weekend had to redo their time schedule when they found out the manual was wrong.
Also, I saw that some district sites were using a recommended schedule and that schedule still has Box Alleys in the distance events when it should say double waterfall. Anytime 9 or more entries at the district meet in those events it will be a double waterfall. If 8 or fewer, and almost all C5 4X8s will be 8 or fewer, then each team will be in a lane around one turn just like at sectional.
Here in Hardin at 5PM on Thursday, the wind is gusting to 40 MPH. I am glad I do not have a meet tonight.
04/27/2019 11:57:52 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachebert One of my pet peaves is the way the state series locations, selections, information are all slow getting to everyone and the whol process is not very transparent. I will say that we have had our district time schedule for a few weeks now, so some district managers are better and getting that information out than others. I just wish we could know our district and secional assignments and where the district and sectional meet will be held when we make our schedules. Then I feel like there should be a more public way of deciding who hosts these and there should be a deadline when the district meet tiem schedule and infomation has to be published by. Preferably this district information should be required to be out by one month before the district, which would be early April.
@coachebert One of my pet peaves is the way the state series locations, selections, information are all slow getting to everyone and the whol process is not very transparent. I will say that we have had our district time schedule for a few weeks now, so some district managers are better and getting that information out than others. I just wish we could know our district and secional assignments and where the district and sectional meet will be held when we make our schedules. Then I feel like there should be a more public way of deciding who hosts these and there should be a deadline when the district meet tiem schedule and infomation has to be published by. Preferably this district information should be required to be out by one month before the district, which would be early April.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.