Waswhington Information...
05/23/2019 10:53:58 PM
Coach
I am Michael Olszowka, I am the Head Track & Field coach at Washington High School. Please read this in its entirety. Lots of general info and facility info. I have been answering phone calls, emails and text messages since around 11am. I am sure I have missed some and as today was our send to last day of finals at WHS our computer servers were in and out all day. If I missed you I sincerely apologize it was not my intent. This is my intent...to prepared our facility to best of our ability to give your kids the best possible environment we can considering the situation we are all dealing with. I am NOT the meet manager, neither is my athletic director or any other Washington personnel. If MSHSAA changes that I will let you know. I am not in charge of setting up a Games Committee nor a Jury of Appeals. These are MSHSAA protocols. It is currently my understanding that MSHSAA will be providing all the event judges. 1. The Bridge coming into Washington from North of the Missouri River is expected to be closed tomorrow morning due to flooding. If/When this happens will not be able to get across the river at Washington. Options: Cross at Jefferson City, come up Highway 50 to Union then North to Washington. or Go into St. Louis and take I-270 South to I-44 West to the Washington Exit. There are other options on the STL side as well from Highway 40. 2. The schedule sucks...I agree. We have nothing to do with it. In the past I have gotten schedules changed by a written request to meet management (MSHSAA in this case) with rational. 3. Our facility is open at any time tomorrow. You are welcome at any time. 4. Throws. Several coaches have asked about the throws set up. They could not see it well from on-line Maps. The throws area is directly behind the South Bleachers. There is a creek between the bleachers and the throws area. You will have to walk to the west, past tent city, to cross over the creek and access the throws. 5. JAVELIN. We have grass runway areas and we have received the same rain that everyone else has...they are swamps! First project tomorrow is building a platform javelin runway. It will be 2x4's with plywood sheeting, covered with roll up runway material. 6. Coaches boxes. Only a single coach with an athlete in the HJ, PV, LJ, TJ will be allowed on the field. We are going to block off the entire back side walkway and bleachers for coaches and athletes only just like at Jeff City. Spectators will have access to the entire curve on both ends, the coaches area will be the backstretch. 7. Bull-pin will be around the 10 yard line nearest to the start line. 8. Athletes will have the south 2/3 of the football field to warm up. We have 32 hurdles back there as well just for warm up purposes. This is a warm up area only. kids hanging out will be told to leave the track area. 9. 1/4" pyramid spikes 10. Tent city in the grass on the West side of the track, there are also some spots on the East side of the track outside of the walkway. We will have Port-a-Potties there. We also have extra Port-a-Potties behind the grandstand. Be Warned.....MSHSAA has the right change anything that I have stated above!!!! Anything else just ask. I will check this as periodically as I can.
I am Michael Olszowka, I am the Head Track & Field coach at Washington High School.

Please read this in its entirety. Lots of general info and facility info.

I have been answering phone calls, emails and text messages since around 11am. I am sure I have missed some and as today was our send to last day of finals at WHS our computer servers were in and out all day. If I missed you I sincerely apologize it was not my intent.

This is my intent...to prepared our facility to best of our ability to give your kids the best possible environment we can considering the situation we are all dealing with.

I am NOT the meet manager, neither is my athletic director or any other Washington personnel. If MSHSAA changes that I will let you know. I am not in charge of setting up a Games Committee nor a Jury of Appeals. These are MSHSAA protocols.

It is currently my understanding that MSHSAA will be providing all the event judges.

1. The Bridge coming into Washington from North of the Missouri River is expected to be closed tomorrow morning due to flooding. If/When this happens will not be able to get across the river at Washington. Options: Cross at Jefferson City, come up Highway 50 to Union then North to Washington. or Go into St. Louis and take I-270 South to I-44 West to the Washington Exit. There are other options on the STL side as well from Highway 40.

2. The schedule sucks...I agree. We have nothing to do with it. In the past I have gotten schedules changed by a written request to meet management (MSHSAA in this case) with rational.

3. Our facility is open at any time tomorrow. You are welcome at any time.

4. Throws. Several coaches have asked about the throws set up. They could not see it well from on-line Maps. The throws area is directly behind the South Bleachers. There is a creek between the bleachers and the throws area. You will have to walk to the west, past tent city, to cross over the creek and access the throws.

5. JAVELIN. We have grass runway areas and we have received the same rain that everyone else has...they are swamps! First project tomorrow is building a platform javelin runway. It will be 2x4's with plywood sheeting, covered with roll up runway material.

6. Coaches boxes. Only a single coach with an athlete in the HJ, PV, LJ, TJ will be allowed on the field. We are going to block off the entire back side walkway and bleachers for coaches and athletes only just like at Jeff City. Spectators will have access to the entire curve on both ends, the coaches area will be the backstretch.

7. Bull-pin will be around the 10 yard line nearest to the start line.

8. Athletes will have the south 2/3 of the football field to warm up. We have 32 hurdles back there as well just for warm up purposes. This is a warm up area only. kids hanging out will be told to leave the track area.

9. 1/4" pyramid spikes

10. Tent city in the grass on the West side of the track, there are also some spots on the East side of the track outside of the walkway. We will have Port-a-Potties there. We also have extra Port-a-Potties behind the grandstand.

Be Warned.....MSHSAA has the right change anything that I have stated above!!!!

Anything else just ask. I will check this as periodically as I can.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.