Missouri State Meet
10/05/2020 1:35:05 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Does anyone know the current status of the location and date of the State Meet? I assume it will be in Columbia at Gans Creek on November 7th. But, given the COVID world we are living in, I have heard that the venue might be changed to somewhere in Jeff City (Cole County), that MSHSAA may be running different classes on different days to minimize the number of participants at the course, etc. I have also heard both that spectators will be allowed and that spectators will not be allowed. If anyone knows anything definitive as it arises, please share. Regardless, hopeful that PT Timing can manage the meet and broadcast it via YouTube like they did the Gans Creek meet a week ago. Thanks.
Does anyone know the current status of the location and date of the State Meet? I assume it will be in Columbia at Gans Creek on November 7th. But, given the COVID world we are living in, I have heard that the venue might be changed to somewhere in Jeff City (Cole County), that MSHSAA may be running different classes on different days to minimize the number of participants at the course, etc. I have also heard both that spectators will be allowed and that spectators will not be allowed. If anyone knows anything definitive as it arises, please share. Regardless, hopeful that PT Timing can manage the meet and broadcast it via YouTube like they did the Gans Creek meet a week ago.
Thanks.
10/05/2020 2:17:55 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@WoodenXC2022 I doubt anything definitive comes out this week, but it seems like they are weighing all the options currently to find one that works well across the board. My bet would be spreading the meet out over multiple days so they can allow limited spectators while still hosting the event at Gans Creek.
@WoodenXC2022 I doubt anything definitive comes out this week, but it seems like they are weighing all the options currently to find one that works well across the board.

My bet would be spreading the meet out over multiple days so they can allow limited spectators while still hosting the event at Gans Creek.
10/07/2020 10:42:10 AM
Coach
I have been told by people in the know in Columbia that, as of now, there will be no spectators if meet is held at Gans Creek. MSHSAA can not financially afford for this to occur which is why they are looking at moving the meet to Jefferson City, or possibly state wide with individual Classes racing at different locations like State Track after the JC tornado.
I have been told by people in the know in Columbia that, as of now, there will be no spectators if meet is held at Gans Creek. MSHSAA can not financially afford for this to occur which is why they are looking at moving the meet to Jefferson City, or possibly state wide with individual Classes racing at different locations like State Track after the JC tornado.
10/07/2020 12:42:55 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Lol “people in the know” Nobody knows yet because there hasn’t been a decision on any of the various plans they have put forth to host the event with spectators. But hey, what do I know...
Lol "people in the know"

Nobody knows yet because there hasn't been a decision on any of the various plans they have put forth to host the event with spectators. But hey, what do I know...
10/07/2020 2:12:28 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have been asked to officiate the state meet so I guess I am a people in the know. As of now the plan is to spread the meet over 3 days at Gans Creek - Thur, Fri, Sat. I know nothing about spectators being allowed or not being allowed.
I have been asked to officiate the state meet so I guess I am a people in the know. As of now the plan is to spread the meet over 3 days at Gans Creek - Thur, Fri, Sat. I know nothing about spectators being allowed or not being allowed.
10/10/2020 8:27:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Sounds like the plan is Gans Creek over a three day period with Class 3 on 11/5 PM, Class 4 AM and Class 2 PM on the 6th, finishing with Class 5 AM and Class 1 PM on the 7th. Two spectators per athlete.
Sounds like the plan is Gans Creek over a three day period with Class 3 on 11/5 PM, Class 4 AM and Class 2 PM on the 6th, finishing with Class 5 AM and Class 1 PM on the 7th. Two spectators per athlete.
10/10/2020 8:55:21 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. WE CAN NOT HAVE ALL 5 CLASSES FOR A STATE MEET ON THE SAME DAY THAT IS WHY IT HAS BEEN SPREAD OUT OVER 3 DAYS. BUT WE CAN HAVE CLASS 1,2,3 DISTRICT 2 AND CLASS 4 AND 5 DISTRICT 3 ALL ON THE SAME DAY THE WEEK BEFORE. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME. DO I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE TO PAY FOR DISTRICT THIS YEAR TO MAKE UP FOR THE SPECTATORS GOING IN TO THE VENUE FOR FREE?????????.
PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. WE CAN NOT HAVE ALL 5 CLASSES FOR A STATE MEET ON THE SAME DAY THAT IS WHY IT HAS BEEN SPREAD OUT OVER 3 DAYS. BUT WE CAN HAVE CLASS 1,2,3 DISTRICT 2 AND CLASS 4 AND 5 DISTRICT 3 ALL ON THE SAME DAY THE WEEK BEFORE.
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME.
DO I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE TO PAY FOR DISTRICT THIS YEAR TO MAKE UP FOR THE SPECTATORS GOING IN TO THE VENUE FOR FREE?????????.
10/10/2020 9:31:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@zoughaibs Different county, different guidelines. I know nothing about your second question.
@zoughaibs
Different county, different guidelines.
I know nothing about your second question.
10/10/2020 10:46:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Hays Any speculation on PM start times?
@Hays
Any speculation on PM start times?
10/10/2020 10:50:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@chester1976 The preliminary email we got as an official was 2 hours between races. I wonder if it meant 2 hours between classes. Best I can do.
@chester1976
The preliminary email we got as an official was 2 hours between races. I wonder if it meant 2 hours between classes. Best I can do.
10/11/2020 7:26:28 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Over heard couple of the coaches grumbling about how we have to pay for a district entry. I said we never paid before why now. The answer I got was in order to not charge for spectators the school will pay an entry fee. I asked few other coaches they were like me didn't a thing about it.
Over heard couple of the coaches grumbling about how we have to pay for a district entry. I said we never paid before why now. The answer I got was in order to not charge for spectators the school will pay an entry fee. I asked few other coaches they were like me didn't a thing about it.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.