Starting May 23rd we will be depreciating the MileSplit discussion boards, until that time you will be unable to start new threads or post replies
MO athletes at Olympic Trials
06/22/2021 11:01:44 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
It was quite exciting to see the MO athletes compete at the Olympic trials! I enjoyed seeing and hearing about Taylor Werner and KC Lightfoot. A former Mizzou runner, Karissa Schweizer, is also on the list. Who else did I miss?
It was quite exciting to see the MO athletes compete at the Olympic trials! I enjoyed seeing and hearing about Taylor Werner and KC Lightfoot. A former Mizzou runner, Karissa Schweizer, is also on the list. Who else did I miss?
06/22/2021 3:04:28 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Robinson and Miller.
Robinson and Miller.
06/23/2021 8:34:56 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The following athletes will be attempting to qualify as well; Sydney Juszczyk - Javelin (Trinity Catholic HS), Ashley Henderson - 100m/200m (Hazelwood Central), Shauniece O'Neal - Hammer (Hazelwood Central), and Gwen Berry - Hammer (McCluer HS).
The following athletes will be attempting to qualify as well; Sydney Juszczyk - Javelin (Trinity Catholic HS), Ashley Henderson - 100m/200m (Hazelwood Central), Shauniece O'Neal - Hammer (Hazelwood Central), and Gwen Berry - Hammer (McCluer HS).
06/23/2021 9:26:55 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Jordan Mann (MICDS) competed in the 3000 meter steeplechase. He was in position to potentially qualify for the finals but slipped on the water jump late in the race. A tough break, but this kid has been a great rags to riches story. A 4:30 1600 runner in high school he has run a sub-4 mile and in the 8:25 range for the SC.
Jordan Mann (MICDS) competed in the 3000 meter steeplechase. He was in position to potentially qualify for the finals but slipped on the water jump late in the race. A tough break, but this kid has been a great rags to riches story. A 4:30 1600 runner in high school he has run a sub-4 mile and in the 8:25 range for the SC.
06/23/2021 2:02:21 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Quincy Hall (Raytown South) competes on Thursday in the opening round of the 400 Meter Hurdles.
Quincy Hall (Raytown South) competes on Thursday in the opening round of the 400 Meter Hurdles.
06/23/2021 3:55:34 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
DeAnna Price - US recoord holder in the Hammer throw Chris Nilsen - Pole Vault winner Mike Rodgers - 100 (Berkeley) Aaron Mallett - 110h (McCluer North) Freddie Crittenden - 110h (McCluer North) Off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.
DeAnna Price - US recoord holder in the Hammer throw
Chris Nilsen - Pole Vault winner
Mike Rodgers - 100 (Berkeley)
Aaron Mallett - 110h (McCluer North)
Freddie Crittenden - 110h (McCluer North)

Off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.
06/24/2021 12:05:04 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Has anyone made so far beside KC Light foot in Pole Vault
Has anyone made so far beside KC Light foot in Pole Vault
06/24/2021 5:47:34 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@szoughaib Chris Nilsen won the pole vault, so two KC Area preps are headed in the pole vault
@szoughaib
Chris Nilsen won the pole vault, so two KC Area preps are headed in the pole vault
06/25/2021 9:58:47 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Tough break for Quincy Hall last night... looked like he tweaked something on the backstretch and pulled up. Hated to see that... Also, I'm sure a lot of you have this, but the link below has the events by day, then click the individual events for the sections, etc. It's a good time to be a track/field fan... [url=https://results.usatf.org]https://results.usatf.org[/url]
Tough break for Quincy Hall last night... looked like he tweaked something on the backstretch and pulled up. Hated to see that...

Also, I'm sure a lot of you have this, but the link below has the events by day, then click the individual events for the sections, etc.

It's a good time to be a track/field fan...

https://results.usatf.org
06/25/2021 10:14:03 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@szoughaib Several have not run yet but DeAnna Price should be an almost sure thing. Gwen Berry has a high probability of making it also. Both 110 hurdlers are highly rated but its hurdles. Anything can happen when you're talking about the top 10 in high hurdles. Brushing a hurdle could take a person from 1st to last.
@szoughaib

Several have not run yet but DeAnna Price should be an almost sure thing. Gwen Berry has a high probability of making it also. Both 110 hurdlers are highly rated but its hurdles. Anything can happen when you're talking about the top 10 in high hurdles. Brushing a hurdle could take a person from 1st to last.
06/25/2021 10:53:14 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@GVEaglesXC The 4th place finisher in the mens PV also has a MIZZOU connection. Matt Ludwig as a Freshman was on the MU team before transferring to Akron.
@GVEaglesXC
The 4th place finisher in the mens PV also has a MIZZOU connection. Matt Ludwig as a Freshman was on the MU team before transferring to Akron.
06/25/2021 12:38:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Maddie Harris from Lees Summit West will be throwing the javelin today.
Maddie Harris from Lees Summit West will be throwing the javelin today.
06/27/2021 4:23:01 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Saturday was a good day for Missouri at the trials. In the women's 10,000m, Emily Sisson (Parkway Central HS) won and set a trials record in ominating fashion. In that same race Karissa Schweizer (Mizzou) finished 2nd. In the women's hammer throw Deanna Price (Troy HS) won with a new American record and is only the second woman to throw over 80m. Gwen Berry (McCluer HS)came in third. In the women's javelin, Maddie Harris (Lee's Summit West HS) finished 9th. During that javelin when she was throwing, the commentator mentioned how strong high school javelin throwing was in the state of Missouri. As a javelin coach, I was excited to hear him talking about that!
Saturday was a good day for Missouri at the trials. In the women's 10,000m, Emily Sisson (Parkway Central HS) won and set a trials record in ominating fashion. In that same race Karissa Schweizer (Mizzou) finished 2nd. In the women's hammer throw Deanna Price (Troy HS) won with a new American record and is only the second woman to throw over 80m. Gwen Berry (McCluer HS)came in third. In the women's javelin, Maddie Harris (Lee's Summit West HS) finished 9th. During that javelin when she was throwing, the commentator mentioned how strong high school javelin throwing was in the state of Missouri. As a javelin coach, I was excited to hear him talking about that!
06/28/2021 2:37:45 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachcasa Agreed! It was an impressive set of competitions for our state! If I had the time and drive, I planned to dig into state representation. I feel like Missouri is well represented in the list of competitors from the trials. That's exciting stuff!
@coachcasa Agreed! It was an impressive set of competitions for our state! If I had the time and drive, I planned to dig into state representation. I feel like Missouri is well represented in the list of competitors from the trials. That's exciting stuff!
07/06/2021 9:27:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Current US Record holder in the 3000 M Steeplechase Courtney Frerichs had a pretty good trials as well
Current US Record holder in the 3000 M Steeplechase Courtney Frerichs had a pretty good trials as well

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.