Example Of An Issue: Girls Class 3 District 3
10/08/2021 11:21:04 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Anyone else notice that the current #1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 individuals in Class 3 are all in the same District (District 3)...Has this happened anywhere else this year? I understand the rational of having 30 individuals and 4 teams advance so we can have the top runners/teams at the State Meet but if we place most of the top teams/individuals in the same District is this happening? 9 of the top 15 teams in Class 3 Girls have been placed into the same District (District 3) so now we will have 5 of the current top 15 not at the State Meet. Did we solve the problem of having the best runners at State??? All the best to every runner and team as we close in on Districts!
Anyone else notice that the current #1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 individuals in Class 3 are all in the same District (District 3)...Has this happened anywhere else this year?

I understand the rational of having 30 individuals and 4 teams advance so we can have the top runners/teams at the State Meet but if we place most of the top teams/individuals in the same District is this happening?

9 of the top 15 teams in Class 3 Girls have been placed into the same District (District 3) so now we will have 5 of the current top 15 not at the State Meet.

Did we solve the problem of having the best runners at State???

All the best to every runner and team as we close in on Districts!
10/08/2021 12:51:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@esnich Better to have four teams from each district qualify than just two. At least the way it is now, a top 4 team in the state is guaranteed to make the state meet and earn a state trophy, whereas the previous system frequently had teams place third or fourth in their district that could have placed in the top 4 at state but missed out because only the top two teams in each district qualified.
@esnich
Better to have four teams from each district qualify than just two. At least the way it is now, a top 4 team in the state is guaranteed to make the state meet and earn a state trophy, whereas the previous system frequently had teams place third or fourth in their district that could have placed in the top 4 at state but missed out because only the top two teams in each district qualified.
10/08/2021 3:39:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=esnich] Did we solve the problem of having the best runners at State??? [/quote] The problem will remain as long as we continue to provide equal geographical representation at the state meet. I'm not convinced this needs to change anymore than it already has, but there will always be parts of the state that are stronger than others. [quote=captain1816] Better to have four teams from each district qualify than just two. [/quote] I agree completely. The district meet in central MO for Class 3 is always a gauntlet. Better to advance four of those teams than two.
snich wrote:

Did we solve the problem of having the best runners at State???

The problem will remain as long as we continue to provide equal geographical representation at the state meet. I'm not convinced this needs to change anymore than it already has, but there will always be parts of the state that are stronger than others.

captain1816 wrote:

Better to have four teams from each district qualify than just two.

I agree completely. The district meet in central MO for Class 3 is always a gauntlet. Better to advance four of those teams than two.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.