MSHSAA points system
09/10/2021 10:33:11 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Does anyone know where to find information on the MSHSAA point system for private schools and how many points it takes to get bumped up to a different class? Thanks in advance.
Does anyone know where to find information on the MSHSAA point system for private schools and how many points it takes to get bumped up to a different class? Thanks in advance.
09/10/2021 11:50:11 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
0-2 stay where you are. 3-7 move up 1 class. 8 or more move up 2. State Championship 4 points. Runner up 3 points. 3rd or 4th place 2 points. District title 1 point. You can't score more than 4 points in a year. You keep the higher of the scored numbers. Example if you finish 2nd at state and win district you don't get 3+1. You only get 3. That is my understanding unless I am wrong. Dean Hays will be the expert if I am wrong. I hope this is helpful. Coach Zoughaib, Valle Catholic
0-2 stay where you are.
3-7 move up 1 class.
8 or more move up 2.
State Championship 4 points.
Runner up 3 points.
3rd or 4th place 2 points.
District title 1 point.
You can't score more than 4 points in a year.
You keep the higher of the scored numbers. Example if you finish 2nd at state and win district you don't get 3+1. You only get 3.
That is my understanding unless I am wrong.
Dean Hays will be the expert if I am wrong.
I hope this is helpful.
Coach Zoughaib,
Valle Catholic
09/10/2021 11:57:03 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@szoughaib I believe that Coach Zoughaib is correct. That is my understanding also.
@szoughaib
I believe that Coach Zoughaib is correct. That is my understanding also.
09/10/2021 1:07:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The information presented above is what was detailed for us in the advisory meeting two years ago. How that will change going forward will be interesting to see.
The information presented above is what was detailed for us in the advisory meeting two years ago. How that will change going forward will be interesting to see.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.